30 Gallon Almost Done! Stocking Advice?

Klokow

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hope you all are well!

My first proper tank is almost done, it just needs some Dwarf Hairgrass and some Ludwigia sp. Rubin and to finish cycling. Luckily the plants will be here tomorrow

I am very excited for everything to come together and seeing the end result. I just want to get advice from a few of you on my stocking idea. My current idea is to add 1 Pearl gourami, 2 Albino Longfin Bristlenose Plecos, 6 Sterbai Corydoras, 8 Galaxy Rasbora and 8 Cardinal Tetra.

Do you guys think this would be a good stocking idea? Any advice or input would be appreciated
IMG_20190513_223534.jpg

Fish0n

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Do you like the look/personality of plecos? They are very messy fish and 2 in a 30 gallon is a lot more waste than you might think. I had 1 full grown BN pleco in a 20 gal quarantine with a bare bottom and it is shocking to say the least. I would also suggest if you do include the plecos to include a cave/hiding spot for them. I purchased a ceramic one for mine and it is her absolute favorite spot in the entire tank and her safe space if the room gets noisy or she is startled.

I love the driftwood and your current plants. That should look beautiful when it starts to grow in.

OP
Klokow

Klokow

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you like the look/personality of plecos? They are very messy fish and 2 in a 30 gallon is a lot more waste than you might think. I had 1 full grown BN pleco in a 20 gal quarantine with a bare bottom and it is shocking to say the least. I would also suggest if you do include the plecos to include a cave/hiding spot for them. I purchased a ceramic one for mine and it is her absolute favorite spot in the entire tank and her safe space if the room gets noisy or she is startled.

I love the driftwood and your current plants. That should look beautiful when it starts to grow in.
I dont know why, but i actually do like them, especially the longfin, as i haven't seen them a lot where i live. I already have two of them that i am going to move to this tank, so i kind of have to add them

I will look into a cave, i also saw many people have caves in their tank for them, i just need to get one that fits in with my scape that i did.

I am very excited to see how it looks when everything grows in!

Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom