Question 30 gal stock

toomanyfishtanks

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello saltwater friends! I am 100% new to saltwater and am looking to start a saltwater tank in the next couple of weeks. I have done tropical and goldfish, but I’m ready for something a little more challenging and way more beautiful! Down to business.. of course I am looking at what I want to stock my tank with. I have looked at other forums, websites, asked my lfs, and I think I have a solid list, but I would love some opinions/thoughts!

(in order of adding to the tank)
- CUC (primarily snails)
- One Bicolor Blenny
- One Watchman goby + one pistol shrimp
- One Royal Gramma
- One clownfish

I will be using the red sea reef starter kit as I want to do a reef tank, so opinions on corals that are compatible with this list are also welcome! I have attached a picture of my dry rock formation for opinions on that as well... so all opinions are welcome lol! Thanks!
139FED58-446D-4DC2-B4E5-BAEFAE342601.jpeg

blennylover2323

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
sounds like an amazing stock list!! I absolutely love blennys (look at the name lol)
I am not too experienced when it comes to saltwater so I probably won't be much help but I just wanted to ask about how many fish of each are you looking at? only because if you add heaps of each you could verge of being overstocked. always keep in mind that you can't have more then one blenny together unless you have a big tank or know the exact need of keeping them together. people may disagree what I have to say because as I mentioned I don't know heaps about saltwater. all I want to say is good luck and keep us updated!!

OP
toomanyfishtanks

toomanyfishtanks

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
blennylover2323 said:
sounds like an amazing stock list!! I absolutely love blennys (look at the name lol)
I am not too experienced when it comes to saltwater so I probably won't be much help but I just wanted to ask about how many fish of each are you looking at? only because if you add heaps of each you could verge of being overstocked. always keep in mind that you can't have more then one blenny together unless you have a big tank or know the exact need of keeping them together. people may disagree what I have to say because as I mentioned I don't know heaps about saltwater. all I want to say is good luck and keep us updated!!
Thanks for the response! It would just be one of each!! Let me clarify that in the main post bc I can see how that could be confusing... also I love the personality of Blennys! I’m so excited!

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to the salty side!
The clownfish would be happier in a pair I think, so that’s something to consider. You definitely have room if you want to add one more.
I’m about to get myself a blenny myself; I share your enthusiasm about them :D
It sounds like a great setup. Remember to wait for your tank to be well mature, and things to stabilize, before you get corals.

New Threads