30" Air Wand

MudHog
I'm looking to take a flexible air wand and run it across the back of my tank. This will give me a wall of bubbles for a background. My air pump is only one outlet and a tetra brand from wal-mart. Will a single outlet produce enough air for a 30" bubble wand? Do I need to split my air flow and come in from both sides? Do I need to upgrade to a dual outlet and then run each outlet to one side of the bubble wand?

COBettaCouple
I'd run a dual outlet for it, you'll get a much better bubble curtain.

MudHog
thanks, that's what I was thinking too, supply air from both ends.

Butterfly
I didn't have much luck with a single outlet air pump(it doesn't push air all the way to the end) now I use a double outlet with a tube at each end.
Carol

MudHog
can yall suggest to me a make and model?

Edit: I have a Tetra Whisper 40.

Butterfly
This is the air wand I use (I used two for the 55G)

And this is the air pump

Carol

MudHog
butterfly,

does that air wand have dual inlets or a fitting that can be added?

I'm finding these on ebay:

Butterfly
This particular air wand has one out let, that's why I used 2 shorter wands. I liked that it was weighted and flexable.
You can see the bubble wall if you look close. It looks like there's a gap of bubbles but there's not it's the angle or something
This is the 55 gallon as it was being set up a couple years ago.
The first one looks good but every time I use the second kind they float no matter what I do.

MudHog
the first one, just looks like a rubber hose with some small holes drilled in it. I'm thinking that will give a more uniform curtain, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I think I will go the route you did and buy two of those flexible ones and then trim them as needed.

thanks for your help Butterfly.

Butterfly
Welcome as always MudHog
Carol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
TheRaghavs
  • Question