3 Tanks To Stock Suggestions?

1. Dropszecolorlord

Dropszecolorlord Valued Member Member

i decided to make 1 thread instead of 3 so
    i have 3 tanks at the moment but i'm getting a new one for my convict as hes currently growing and needs a larger tank so im getting him a 20 gallon so i'm thinking of learning more about aquatic plants by making all my tanks planted so heres the stocking.

TANK 1: tank 1 is a 13 gallons and that will house a female koi betta i'm looking to get her a loach or 2 and this tank will have java ferns some moss and other plants

TANK 2: tank 2 will be a 5 gallon invertebrate tank ill give it spider wood and moss and some taller plants one or 2 snails and the rest different types of shrimp

tank 3: tank 3(will be ether a 20 or a 30 gallon) will be home to by black convict i think the only tank mate he would be good with would be a snail but he did live with a pleco when he was still a baby and was ok but the tank was to small so they moved

2. DHIWZ

DHIWZ Valued Member Member

1. Not sure what a loch is but I think your Betta would be very happy in a 13 gallon.

2. Nice, I love heavily planted invert tanks. What kind of Shrimp are you looking to get?

3. I would say go for a 29 gallon tank and keep a Black Convict pair.

3. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

im not sure what im getting for shrimp but i also may make that a tank to put my babys in the tank if any of my fish breed
    and i also was planning to get my convict a girlfriend
    i ment loach the little wormy things that look like eals eles? however you spell it

4. DHIWZ

Ah loaches...unfortunately a 13 gallon tank isn't really suitable to keeping them.

5. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

i was looking for a bottom feeder i can keep in the tank
    that was something i was getting for my 55 gal and i know they do good in small groups so

6. DHIWZ

You might consider looking into Asian Stone Catfish. You can probably keep 3 with a Betta, just make sure to keep that temp right in the sweet spot of 75.

7. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

my only concern is where to get them i cant drive to the aquarium store thats 1hr away that most likely will cary them.the only place i have access to a petco and a petsmart can i even get them there?

8. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

Aisian Stone Catfish need 68-74'F water while Bettas need 78'F, they would be a bad stock and stress both fish.
    How about-
    13 Gallon
    1 Betta
    14 Pygmy Cories(Have a backup plan like the 20-30 Gallon)(Many will disagree but i think it would be fine) or 1 South American Bumblebee Catfish
    20 Neocaridina Davidi(Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Blue Velvet, Snowball, etc., Do not mix different strains as they will breed and make ugly brown Colored babies)
    Temp.-78'F
    5 Gallon
    3 Endlers(1 Male 2 Female)
    10 Neocaridina Davidi
    Temp.-76'F
    30 Gallon
    20 Pygmy Cories(Only if Betta and Cories don't work in 13 Gallons) or 15 Kuhli Loaches
    15 Rummynose Tetras
    2 GBRs(Male/Female)
    1 Clown Pleco
    1 Angelfish

9. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

the 30 gall would house a black convict pair so should i get them a assassin snail or a pair af zzebra nitrate snails
    i also dont fancy housing corys
    i also have a 55 im stocking so that where i would end up putting anyone that doesent work out

10. Lance0414

Convicts will most likely kill any snails. Good Luck!

11. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Pygmy cories need 70-76f, bettas and angelfish need 78-82f, GBR need 80-84f
    It is quite likely that a betta would hunt neocardinia shrimp

Aside from invertebrates there aren't any bottom dwellers that would work in a 13 gallon with a betta

What are the dimensions of the 13 gallon? 6 kuhli loaches would work if the tank is 24" long or more

12. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

`i'm fine with snails i was just looking for my options the tank is exactly 42 inches long but 8" wide and 15 or so tall

i introduced her to one of my snails that lives in the 55 gal and she dident mind the snail

13. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

If the 13 gallon tank is 42" long you could have a school of bronze/albino cories or kuhli loaches with a betta

14. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

thats a terible typo its 24 ugh thats what i get for not checking what i type

15. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

by those measurements , 42x8x15 thats a very long 21gallon.

EDIT: just noticed the mistake.

16. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

ya ill just put a 1 or 2 nitrate snails in there or maybe a assassin snail (idk much about them but i think there compatible)

17. Lance0414

18. OP
    OP
    Dropszecolorlord

It's
    ook no assasian snail

19. Lance0414

You could do a group of 3 Nirite Snails in the 30 Gallon.

20. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

The snail is called nerite snail :)

I especially like the small horned nerite snails, plus their eggs are not obvious.