#### 3....surprise!!!!!!

1. lorabell Well Known Member Member

ok I was gonna hold off...lol...but the camera was calling me again...everyone...please meet Scarlet...she is a female ecletus...as u all know I also (besides my fish babies) own parrots....and dogs...(I do breed pekingese)...well recenty had a little of pups,found great homes for 2 of them...a girl from LFS got one...she brings him to work everyday ...well a young girl saw the pup and had to have one...she called and asked (she found out I had birds) if I would trade for the puppy...well...long story short I guess u see the outcome.......I had tons of room in my bird room..and the puppy just loved her...sooooooooooooooo away we went.....

Attached Files:

2. Borisbbadd Guest

She's very pretty !!!

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Gosh Lori you've been one busy lady. lol
    Love your Scarlet, she's a beauty.
    ;) I've got a betta named Scarlett

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful parrot! i want one now LOL well... we want pics of her home and of the pups too!
    :giggle:

5. lorabell Well Known Member Member

lol...as soon as I can get 11 dogs to pose....lol......I just hope she accepts me..... I love the name..she came with it...but Ive heard her original home was not pleasant...to put it litely......it was just suggested to me to possibley give her a new name.....it may help her to forget her past life...dont know...we'll see.....and tony all u have to do is go outside and get a baby amazon.....they used to get tons of birds from mexico!!!!!

6. gremlin Well Known Member Member

How tame is she? She sure is a beauty! Eclectus are interesting birds. I laugh when I think how scientists used to think they were two different species because the males and females look so different. If you want to change her name, you could call her Holly since she is such a pretty red.

7. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

She is very pretty. Looks like the trade was a win win. Congrads on scarlet she is just beautiful

8. jana Member Member

Wow scarlett looks beautiful! :D

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lori and Scarlet! She's beautiful Lori! I think she knows by her stance that she is in a loving home! Not too camera shy either? :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ken

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations, Lorabell! She's a beauty! She seems very curious as well. I'm sure she'll settle in pretty quickly.

11. lorabell Well Known Member Member

thanks everyone!!!! she is a hand raised bird...very tame...not aggressive.....however I still need to go very easy......Ive dealt with parrots for about 30 years or so....never really having great experiances with the female eclectus(ive known about 4 of them)....but I am really willing and wanting to give her the very best chance for happiness.....gonna let her settle in a bit, then see how we do...holly for xmas..is a great suggestion....its all new to her to....my goodness shes right in the middle of 9 other birds.....lol....sometimes it also helps when they see u interacting with the others....so maybe shell learn its all good...just from seeing the other birds and I interact and play...wish me luck!!!!

12. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

LOL not a bad idea... if i get a job and can pay for it absolutely LOL

13. Fishies-for-me Well Known Member Member

She is stunning. Maybe if you place her close by while you give the other birds treats she will decide she wants some too....lol. I know my parrotlet CANNOT stand to see the budgies get any attention that he is not getting and will raise quite a stink...lol. Good luck. ( I also love the name Holly)

14. lorabell Well Known Member Member

ok so Ive decided to change her name to Ruby.....a friend came up with that.....I really hate changing it but Im hoping this will help her(maybe not associate with bad memories)I was really happy lastr night..she actually wanted me to come and get her...Ive also changed some things in her cage..not wanting to upset her, but hopefully get her to realize its all good and a fresh new start.....may even trade cages out...we'll see...wish me luck!!!!!

15. gremlin Well Known Member Member

A new cage may help, but changing the toys and stuff inside the cage will definitely help. The new name may also help. Mostly, just letting her see how you interact with the other birds in a positive way will help. Ruby is a good name! I'll still keep my fingers crossed that she will start to cuddle with you.

16. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lorabell. I like the name Ruby too :) Is she letting you pet her or is she letting you move her from place to place? She sure is a beauty!
    Ken