3 Sick Bettas

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Barney and Benji both still have fin rot. I thought they had beat it but I guess not. They are both being medicated again with Triple Sulfa for Benji and T.C. Capsules for Barney. Neither one of my girls have fin rot and never have. I don't understand why the boys can't shake it and yet the girls never seem to be affected by it.

Barney's gill still looks the same and he still eats like a pig as does Benji. At least there's nothing wrong with their appetites. I love the way all my bettas come to the front of the tank when they see me. I can just hear them pleading "feed me, feed me, feed me. I'm starving, I haven't eaten all day." As if I didn't know better. LOL

CherryRose ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cherryrose said:
Barney and Benji both still have fin rot. I thought they had beat it but I guess not. They are both being medicated again with Triple Sulfa for Benji and T.C. Capsules for Barney. Neither one of my girls have fin rot and never have. I don't understand why the boys can't shake it and yet the girls never seem to be affected by it.

Barney's gill still looks the same and he still eats like a pig as does Benji. At least there's nothing wrong with their appetites. I love the way all my bettas come to the front of the tank when they see me. I can just hear them pleading "feed me, feed me, feed me. I'm starving, I haven't eaten all day." As if I didn't know better. LOL

CherryRose ;D
LOL.. Don't you love how they encourage you by being Betta-ish even when fighting off something like finrot? Ours like to make us think that they NEVER have eaten before - NEVER, EVER! - each time they see the food container. Our little female Angel is becoming the worst, when she sees me, she tries to lead me to the top by slowly swimming up as i talk to her.

I'm sorry they still have the fin rot.. i hate that stuff, we're hoping Aslan is over it now (if he had it & wasn't self-nipping) because we're seeing regrowth areas all along his tail fin now. I'm with you - wish we could figure out why it's like that with male & female bettas - maybe it's just because of the big fins we love - more chances to get tears & finrot than the females.

Hopefully this next round of meds will finally knock it out for good, then you can go to NovAqua to strengthen their slime coating & help the fins regrow. Barney's gill sounds like something to watch, but not be concerned with probably - it does sound like it's "stuck" but if it were infected, then like Phloxface said, the TS outta fix that.

Good luck with your babies & looking forward to good news on them soon.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I finally got a picture of Barney's gill so you could see how it is sticking out. You can also see the fin rot. I feel so bad for him. The water is colored from the T.C. capsules.

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cherryrose said:
I finally got a picture of Barney's gill so you could see how it is sticking out. You can also see the fin rot. I feel so bad for him. The water is colored from the T.C. capsules.

CherryRose
Poor little guy, i hate seeing these bettas sick.. yea, i don't know if it's stuck or a sign of infection.. but you're treating him so that should give the answer. i'm glad for him feeling like himself and hopefully his health problems will clear up soon. You'll BOTH be happy when that happens. He'll make it, he's a tough guy - just ask him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom