3 of my zebras are picking on the other, can I do anything? 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by FLGirl, Apr 14, 2010.

1. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Hey, I have 4 zebras danios. From what I can tell 3 are boys and 1 is a girl. 1) because 3 are more yellow one is not and 2) one has a big belly. Well, for a few days now the 3 boys have been totally harassing the poor little girl. I know getting more will usually help something like that (id like to get a couple glofish) but I can't do that till my tanks done cycling. They range in sizes 1 is very close to her size one is just a smidge bigger and one is bigger. They just wont leave her alone no matter what she does....can i do anything?

also an unrelated question, do zebras wait till full grown to spawn or breed? may seem like a silly question but I was just wondering from reading other posts.

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

don't know about the spawning question. Danios need to be in a school of at least 6 - fewer than that, and there are usually aggression problems. (I had 3 at one time, 2 picked on the other one until it died. I brought the numbers up to 6, and the aggression between the danios stopped immediately).

3. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Aw, I hope that does not happen to her! :( I don't want to introduce more fish yet cause I'm not done cycling. :( I guess I'll just hope for the best.... :(..as soon as it's ready I will get more zebras. Thanks!

4. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I hope she'll be fine too.

5. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Thanks..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice