3 of my zebras are picking on the other, can I do anything? 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by FLGirl, Apr 14, 2010.

1. FLGirl

FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Hey, I have 4 zebras danios. From what I can tell 3 are boys and 1 is a girl. 1) because 3 are more yellow one is not and 2) one has a big belly. Well, for a few days now the 3 boys have been totally harassing the poor little girl. I know getting more will usually help something like that (id like to get a couple glofish) but I can't do that till my tanks done cycling. They range in sizes 1 is very close to her size one is just a smidge bigger and one is bigger. They just wont leave her alone no matter what she does....can i do anything?

also an unrelated question, do zebras wait till full grown to spawn or breed? may seem like a silly question but I was just wondering from reading other posts.

2. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

don't know about the spawning question. Danios need to be in a school of at least 6 - fewer than that, and there are usually aggression problems. (I had 3 at one time, 2 picked on the other one until it died. I brought the numbers up to 6, and the aggression between the danios stopped immediately).

3. OP
    OP
    FLGirl

Aw, I hope that does not happen to her! :( I don't want to introduce more fish yet cause I'm not done cycling. :( I guess I'll just hope for the best.... :(..as soon as it's ready I will get more zebras. Thanks!

4. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I hope she'll be fine too.

5. OP
    OP
    FLGirl

Thanks..