3 of my 4 tanks (Hey MM, look!)

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by cajunfiberco, Mar 18, 2010.

1. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

This will house the new girl from MM. It is a 5 gallon with a bio wheel filter. I used my tap water, for a couple of reasons. 1) I am out of RO atm, and 2) using the tap water puts ammonia in the tank, which I need to jumpstart the cycle :) She will get lots of attention here as it's in the living room.
    330.jpg

Here is the 15 gallon condo, which resides on my kitchen counter
    331.jpg

And the 5 gallon duplex, where the snail died and the cycle is restarting
    332.jpg

2. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Very nice tanks :;perfect

3. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Very nice looking tanks. I like the 15gal condo a lot and the new females 5gal....and the last one...I like them all...lol.

4. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

Thanks guys ... I need to get a shot of the 4th tank as well. They all love their hamster tubes, I get a kick out of watching them push their noses on the insides trying to see if that's the exit

5. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Lol thats cute. Sadly my funding for my fish is begining to drop...I had to quite my job because it was getting in the way of my schooling...and I'm almost out of Prime...ugh.

6. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

That sucks :( Yeah this girl will have to be my last for awhile, I have place to put more tanks but when it costs me around $100 for a new tank set up (heated/filtered/gravel/decoration/plants) + the fish.. it makes for a husband that is none too happy with me.

There is one more betta type I'd love to get my hands on though, a plakat. But I can't do an unheated tank since I keep my house pretty cool (around 70)

7. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Love your betta homes, they look fantastic! I'm glad that my little Schubert can't see those pictures, he would get jealous and demanding.....

8. Algae Eater

Algae Eater Well Known Member Member

I love your tanks!

9. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

Yeah, when I am intrested/passionate about something, I tend to go all out ;)

10. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

I like yhe look of the tanks. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone on here has MM babies.LOL:;scuba

11. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I love all the tanks but the one for MM's girl... you wanna come try decorating one of mine like that? :p

12. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

LOL Red! Actually it's not hard... just black gravel, a cave... plants I had already *shrug* I sure appreciate the compliments though! I'm wondering about putting a tube in the girl's tank but ... it would almost 'ruin' the look. I dunno, cause all the boys seem to really like them...

13. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I'm lovin' the girl's tank! That is awesome!

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Cajun,

You have some beautiful tanks. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    MM has Betta kids from coast to coast! I'm a proud owner of one myself :)
    Ken

15. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

All you have to do is stick the hamster tube in. and remove it for pics or when visitors come lol!!
    Seriously though, lovely tanks, I can see why the fish love 'em!

16. s

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

I love your Tanks :) I keep trying the divided tanks but always end up hating them :(

17. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I love your betta tanks! They look beautiful!

18. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Wonderful tanks! So the boys really enjoy the hamster tubes? Do they spend a lot of time in them?

19. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

I wouldn't say alot of time, but enough that I keep them in there. As I look over at the 5 gal both boys are in theirs.

20. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Oh she is going to LOVE her new home! I really like what you did with her tank...The black rocks look awesome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice