3 Glo fish in QT tank

1. J

JennBoss6 New Member Member

I had 4 glofish in 10 gallons tank waiting to go into the main tank but one was already sick and died. No signs of skin disease or anything. Down to three fish. One big sized fish and two baby ones (small sizes) in there now and everything was fine until I got home and I noticed big one have his tail severe nipped? His tail was fine this morning. Help?? Two another ones are really small, much smaller than the big one..

2. OP
    OP
    J

And yes they came from the same tank from the pet store...

3. t

taylor9424 New Member Member

I've had really bad luck with Glofish :( over the course of a week or two, I had about 5 die. My sister had the same issue. I don't know what it is! I hope yours make it, but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone! :)

4. OP
    OP
    J

Jeez... thanks

5. FiscCyning

FiscCyning Valued Member Member

I'm sorry you lost one of your fish. Is the tank cycled? What are the water parameters - ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? Poor water quality can cause stress and lead to bullying among fish, which could explain the nipped fin and the dead fish (if there is high ammonia or nitrites).

It is also possible that it is fin rot rather than a nip. Are the fin edges a different color like red, grey, or black?

6. OP
    OP
    J

the fish was fine this morning, fin was fine. I'm paranoid about fun rot so I check their bodies everyday. The fish that died was already not eating when the fish arrived. The another fish eat normal and I have checked water quality. I took some water from another tank into that one.. And yes checked the water with liquid kit.