3 Gallon Tank: (Planted) SNAIL Infestation HELP !

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by supremejets, Jul 4, 2014.

1. supremejetsNew MemberMember

Initially I was housing dwarf puffers in this 3 gallon and continually stocked it with various snails every week. I currently have the tank stocked with nothing that eats these snails so they are on a rampage.

In the tank:
    2x Bumble bee Goby
    1x Pigmy cory catfish
    1x Achirus Fasciatus flounder
    2x Cherry shrimp
    150x Trumpet Snails

Live Plants:
    Red Tiger Lotus
    Moss Ball
    Duckweed

Anubias Baerteri
    Bamboo
    Amazon sword

IMG_0762.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_Well Known MemberMember

Run away snail populations generally reflect overfeeding. Once you have them down to a reasonable number, more careful feeding will help keep them under control. But the simplest way to get rid of them is to leave a piece of vegetable in there at night and in the morning remove it with all the snails it will attract. Do this nightly and you will reduce the number to a manageable number. In the meantime, do more water changes than normal because that many snails will really pollute your water.

3. LizanneNew MemberMember

Also a 3 gallon is probably way too small for all those Fish and snails and shrimp. I would probably upgrade if you can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice