3 gallon shrimp set up

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Joel2036, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Joel2036

Joel2036 Valued Member Member

Hey everyone I know your probably sick of the "how many goldfish can I put in my 3 gallon tank"
    But I was just wondering
    I have a 3 gallon shrimp tank and I saw at my LFS that they also had a 3 gallon with a betta in it with a small school of rasboras, so I was just wondering if I could but any into my 3G with shrimp ? It is over filtered, a few plants now but will be heavily planted after christmas,
    Thank you

2. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

Some fish take shrimp not as another creature but as food so pick wisely with your fish. Also the 1 school of 5 neon tetras will be slightly over gallons but they may not eat your fish.

3. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Three gallons isn't even enough for a betta, let alone a betta and rasboras. I have a 2.5 gallon and I posted a thread asking if I could keep anything other than shrimp, and everyone said no. I'm not sure if the extra half gallon would make a difference, but I'd think probably not.

4. OP
    OP
    Joel2036

Joel2036 Valued Member Member

Exactly what I thought ! Both oft betas are in tanks bigger then 7g and I would dare putting them in anything smaller !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice