3 gallon bowl ideas

Frisbee

Well Known
So, I just got a three gallon bowl. I need help deciding how I’m going to set this up. The only inhabitants are going to be my plants and my freshwater amphipods (small shrimp-like crustacean).

I’m considering a walstad. I just dirted my 10 gallon and I really like it, but I’m not sure if I should do the same to the bowl or not. I still have potting soil and pool filter sand, so it’s a very high possibility.

Next thing is scape. How should I do this? I have java moss, a HUGE crypt, some hornwort and Myriophyllum. I was thinking wood might be cool, but I’m not sure if I have any good chunks.

I’m just brainstorming for ideas right now. Let me know your thoughts!

Edit: ah, I think I might have found something.
IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0179.jpeg

OP
Frisbee

Frisbee

Well Known
Ghelfaire said:
Looks good but shrimp can climb/jump out.
They are not actually shrimp, and I’ve never had problems with them jumping out thus far.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Looks good! I have a walstad shrimp and snail pickle jar. I would do dirtied 100% and do a thick layer of sand on top. Thick substrate is so helpful and plants prefer it too. Ihave hygrophilia polysperma, marsilea hirsuta, java moss and a java feen plantlet in mine plus floater. If i was to i would skip the moss and any other fast growing plants and fo with slow growers like anubias. Its really hard to do maintanance in a small container so trimming moss is horrible lol.

New Threads