3 female bettas

FishTankNewbie

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is strictly a hypothetical question, so please don't murder me. I understand their are many different opinions on stocking, and I would like to here some of them. So in a 10 gallon would you be able to do this?
3 female Betta splendens (Siamese fighting fish) + 6 small corydoras (Corydoras pygmaeus or C. hastatus) + 2 bridgesii snails
in my opinion I don't think the bettas would work and it's over stocked but it still sounds like and awesome combination if it is viable.
Thank you in advance for the replies.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
3 bettas will not work in a 10 gallon unless you want a bloodbath. They're not community fish and even worse is they are aggressive with their own species. The minimum tank size I would suggest for 6 cories is 20 gallon.

BornThisWayBettas

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Cories won't work in a ten gallon, and if you're trying to do a betta sorority, I think you need at least either six or eight, I can't remember for sure now. For that setup, I'd try to go with a 30g just to be safe.

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Welcome to fishlore!
Your profile says that you don't know about the nitrogen cycle. This link should help https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm
As stated above, 3 Bettas would not work in a 10 gallon tank. Although you can keep a single betta in the 10 gallon very happily. The cories you mentioned would be better in a 20 gallon I believe. Since you're still new to fish keeping (I believe) I wouldn't recommend doing a sorority. Doing a sorority tank are for more experienced and who know Bettas a bit more. It's a lot of work to put into sorority tanks. Hope you enjoy the forum

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom