3.5 Gallon Suggestions?

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FINALLY got a bigger tank for my boy I’ll move him once cycle is done. I forgot to get moss ball and ammonia. I’ll get them tomorrow. But I wanted to get cycle started ASAP so I tried to gently pour a small but generous amount of fish food. WHOOPS that came out faster then I thought! Anyway here’s my tank any suggestions? Also which method is faster pure ammonia or fish food? And should I keep the filter going? I’m guessing no as filters filter fish food.

Attachments

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Your tank can't cycle if your filter is off, so don't turn that off. I've used fish food and did it successfully before, I might've just got lucky with the amount I was adding. Pure ammonia is going to be easier to measure and probably faster. The only thing you could really do is a Betta and maybe 2 snails, or you could do some sort of shrimp tank.

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I was going to add a snail after cycled cause I heard that snails are sensitive to ammonia and nitrites (i mean like fish are too but snails are more sensitive )

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks I tend to color name my fish my previous bettas name was Gandalf because Gandalf has kinda a grayish blue. He sadly jumped and my mom didn’t find him till it was too late

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom