30 Gallon Tank 2x Ai Prime Hd And Dual Bulb Ho T5 Ati Coral Plus

rugerjr

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Image1547088927.451102.jpg

Anybody want to share lighting configuration? Do you prefer LED or T5? MH maybe? I have $450 worth of LED on my 24 gallon display. I'd trade in a second for a 6 bulb ATI T5. I really don't think that LED technology is quite there. I put the T5 fixture up and noticed immediate reaction from corals. They've all noticably grown in a month.

Tony_097

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
May i say nice tank you got there i generally used led like kessils but T5/led hybrid would be my dream light since you get the best of both worlds.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I prefer LED for programming options and production and zero bulb replacement. I agree that a multibulb T5 fixture still has an edge in terms of coral growth. MH Lights are dinosaurs though.

BTW is that a Copperband and some form of Foxface or Tang in that 30 gallon? I hope it's just temporary. Way too small for those fish.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm a big fan of LED.
I had the Maxspect R420r (Razor) on my setup. The 16000k version, and loved it.

I think with LED, the technology is there, if you choose the right stuff.

My fixture used 40 x 3W Cree diodes. The Cree are highly regarded in the hobby, and are arguably the "best on the market" based on reefer feedback I've heard and researched.

I'm not a fan of 1W diodes, unless it's a shallow tank, but I'd still be looking for Cree diodes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom