30 Gallon Tank 2x Ai Prime Hd And Dual Bulb Ho T5 Ati Coral Plus

rugerjr

You must be registered to see images

Anybody want to share lighting configuration? Do you prefer LED or T5? MH maybe? I have $450 worth of LED on my 24 gallon display. I'd trade in a second for a 6 bulb ATI T5. I really don't think that LED technology is quite there. I put the T5 fixture up and noticed immediate reaction from corals. They've all noticably grown in a month.

Tony_097

May I say nice tank you got there I generally used led like kessils but T5/led hybrid would be my dream light since you get the best of both worlds.

Jesterrace

I prefer LED for programming options and production and zero bulb replacement. I agree that a multibulb T5 fixture still has an edge in terms of coral growth. MH Lights are dinosaurs though.

BTW is that a Copperband and some form of Foxface or Tang in that 30 gallon? I hope it's just temporary. Way too small for those fish.

ryanr

I'm a big fan of LED.
I had the Maxspect R420r (Razor) on my setup. The 16000k version, and loved it.

I think with LED, the technology is there, if you choose the right stuff.

My fixture used 40 x 3W Cree diodes. The Cree are highly regarded in the hobby, and are arguably the "best on the market" based on reefer feedback I've heard and researched.

I'm not a fan of 1W diodes, unless it's a shallow tank, but I'd still be looking for Cree diodes.

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom