2nd Try....

1. KevInLA

KevInLA Valued Member Member

Hi everyone,

I posted this a while ago but for some reason my post was the only one without a single reply, so im trying again. Here is the question...

I'm about a week and a half into my cycle of a 60 gallon tank, I used a bottle of Fritz turbo 700 a week ago. Using the api test kit, It's at about .75-1ppm ammonia, looking like up to around 5 on the nitrIte, and about 10-20 on the nitrAte. I think I should do a water change and add a little more ammonia. Does this sound like I'm on the right track? Thanks for any help!

If it helps, I'm running a Fluval 306, and having a 206 delivered today for the other side.

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, I think your plan is a good one :)

3. GabeC

GabeC Valued Member Member

Add ammonia any time it gets to around 1ppm. For that size tank, you should be dosing up to 4ppm. I wouldn't do a water change until your nitrites/nitrates are almost off of the chart.

4. OP
    OP
    KevInLA

ok, thats along woth what i was thinking but i wasnt sure iff there was any isse with getting readings on all 3 at the same time...dont wanna kill the developing bacteria. thanks for replying!

5. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Be careful doing this because high nitrites or nitrates can stall the cycle depending on other water characteristics.

6. OP
    OP
    KevInLA

yea tat was my biggest fear was stalling or messing the cycle up....