2nd Tank.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by shrimpforever777, Feb 27, 2019.

1. shrimpforever777 Valued Member Member

Okay, I am planning on converting a 20g former turtle tank into an invert tank for my desk, nothing too fancy just some assorted snails and shrimp. I am planning on black sand and white decorations with some smooth fake sea glass pebbles here and there, I'm going for a crisp look. I was wondering if a sponge filter would to an adequate job for this? I want something gentle for the shrimps sake so I was thinking a sponge or one of those corner filters you get from amazon. I am not sure if I need a heater or not the room I am keeping it in is on the top level the house and it gets pretty hot up there, I will probably just get a small one for good measure. How does that idea sound? I won't be starting this until my 55g is completely decorated and stocked but I like to plan ahead lol!

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I sponge filter is perfect for shrimp, allows them to feed on its surface and not get sucked up into a filtration unit. Just ensure you have a valve on the airline or it'll likely not be a gentle flow.

As long as the room temp is not to hot or to cold and is stable, it should be fine to not use a heater.