2nd spawn update

1. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Here are some of the pics I got of the crowntail spawn...they were hatched out on the 12th of last month. I am so mad at my camera though...there are 2-3 of them with AWESOME fins, spread and color but my crappy camera couldn't get a pic of them after over an hour without it being fuzzy, even on macro. I really need a new camera!! These are the best I could get!

EDIT: At what age should I be seeing more ventrals?? Does it look like some of this spawn are missing theirs?

Attached Files:

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They're so cute! Thanks for sharing the pics.

3. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

You should be seeing ventrals soon....I usually see them at 4 weeks....Missing ventrals is caused from 2 things in my experience, genetic and feeding microworms......Also keeping the tank immaculate helps ensure they will develope their venties....

They look good right now..Who are the parents on this spawn?

4. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I was woried about the ventrals so i sat with my face up to the tank watching them for a while last night. When I looked really close I could see them on most of the babies. Some of them I am still not sure about but most have them, they are just tucked in most of the time now. Is that because their filter is still flowing a little strong? These are the parents...the female has a lot of blue in her but the flash made it look green. The second pic is when I first got her before she healed up, the spawn itself was very gentle with only a few nips.

Attached Files:

5. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

6. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Cute video...Take the bubble wand out lol Betta kids do NOT like that many bubbles....

We'll talk later...

7. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I never would have thought there would be a problem with the bubbles...I thought they needed the bubbles! Is the filter enough to oxygenate the water for them?? I figured most if not all of them were going up for air by now...I just wasn't sure! Thanks MM for the heads up!

8. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Oooooh, green with envy. . . so jealous, so jealous. They are beyond darling! I love them!