10 Gallon Tank 2nd aquaclear 20, or powerhead for more flow?

joeyxl

Hello all,

I currently have a 10 gallon tank with 3 normans lampeye, i plan to get three more and mabye a nerite snail or two, or shimp. I currently have a Aquaclear 20, with a pre-sponge intake, the sponge, carbon, and biomedia. i plan to replace the carbon with another sponge. What my question, is that i thinking of adding another filter, or a powerhead/small internal filter for more flow, as only one corner gets flow in the tank. What do you think i should do, or is this even a good idea? I do have one java fern, and i plan to get an anubis, or another java fern.

EdieBadedie

Hello all,

I currently have a 10 gallon tank with 3 normans lampeye, i plan to get three more and mabye a nerite snail or two, or shimp. I currently have a Aquaclear 20, with a pre-sponge intake, the sponge, carbon, and biomedia. i plan to replace the carbon with another sponge. What my question, is that i thinking of adding another filter, or a powerhead/small internal filter for more flow, as only one corner gets flow in the tank. What do you think i should do, or is this even a good idea? I do have one java fern, and i plan to get an anubis, or another java fern.
If you only want more flow, I might consider an airstone. Cheaper and easier to install :)

Upvote 0

joeyxl

If you only want more flow, I might consider an airstone. Cheaper and easier to install :)
That is true, and it is a cheaper solution to buying another AQ20. If i do that, ill just buy a sponge filter and use that to create more flow. good idea? Ill most likely get a cheap air pump as well, Don't need anything fancy. I just really like the AQ, and tbh, when i got it, i should of gotten the 30, but if im going to get another one i want to match it with the first one.

Upvote 0

EdieBadedie

That is true, and it is a cheaper solution to buying another AQ20. If i do that, ill just buy a sponge filter and use that to create more flow. good idea? Ill most likely get a cheap air pump as well, Don't need anything fancy. I just really like the AQ, and tbh, when i got it, i should of gotten the 30, but if im going to get another one i want to match it with the first one.
Yeah that would work. Either a sponge filter or airstone, a small sponge filter would give you more beneficial bacteria as well. Good plan

Upvote 0

joeyxl

Yeah that would work. Either a sponge filter or airstone, a small sponge filter would give you more beneficial bacteria as well. Good plan
exactly. More filtration = healthier fish. Sponge filters are very cheap now as well.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
Adriifu
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies