Status
Not open for further replies.

URFisher35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys,

I just got back to school and have begun filling my 29g! It's still a work in progress, so you're advice,opinions, and suggestions are welcome! Here's what I am starting with now...tomorrow I will be adding more plants!

Attachments

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
great piece of driftwood!!! cant wait to see it complete

URFisher35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks...it is cured and everything...i just cant get it to sink! i just added my bolivian today! i've been eyeing him/her up for almost three weeks now. finally i got to bring him/her home! when it has had some time to settle in and is less camera shy could someone help me sex it?

and my plants i want to get:
anacharis
java moss
cryptocoryne spiralis
corkscrew val

what do you think?

URFisher35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
here are two pics of my Bolivian ram. can anybody tell me what sex it is?

also, is a pic of an unknown plant i have...i think it is a red rubin, but i'm not sure. thanks!

Attachments

URFisher35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
so my bolivian ram has settled nicely into his new home! he has set up shop in a little cave created by driftwood, and he has started to show color! a nice black stripe over his eye and a black spot with pink tipped fins! and he is interacting beautifully with the school of serpae tetras. they chase each other all over the tank.

URFisher35

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hmm...

first off...when a mod sees this could you make the previous post a new thread? i don't mean to be a jerk, but it's kinda thread jacking...

BUT, from the sounds of it, your mollie has ick, which is easily curable if acting quickly.
1) your temp...82-84...for one to two weeks. this will help immensely as ick spores cannot live at these high temperatures

2) perform daily gravel vacuumings. ick is perpetuated by spores. these spores fall to the bottom. so by vacuuming your substrate, you are removing the spores...or at least a lot of them

3) if this fails...and i hate to say it...go get an ick medication. look on the fish disease threads to find a good one.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
first off...when a mod sees this could you make the previous post a new thread? i don't mean to be a jerk, but it's kinda thread jacking...

BUT, from the sounds of it, your mollie has ick, which is easily curable if acting quickly.
1) your temp...82-84...for one to two weeks. this will help immensely as ick spores cannot live at these high temperatures

2) perform daily gravel vacuumings. ick is perpetuated by spores. these spores fall to the bottom. so by vacuuming your substrate, you are removing the spores...or at least a lot of them

3) if this fails...and i hate to say it...go get an ick medication. look on the fish disease threads to find a good one.
Sorry about that.. just noticed the hijack of your thread.. its been moved to fresh water fish beginners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 17 35.4%

Top Bottom