29g tank stocking list

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by chunkdaddy, Mar 19, 2010.

1. c

chunkdaddy Valued Member Member

I'm looking at getting a 29 gallon tank. Currently I have 2 buenos aires tetras & 2 zebra danios. I was thinking of adding 8 more of both fish. Does this sound about right?

What about adding a bottom feeder?

Thanks

2. a

anunez91 Valued Member Member

i dont think ive got about 29 fish in my 29 gallon tank all ranging from moderate to small, and im horridly horridly overstocked, but, ive never kept the fish your interested in so hopefully some other members will come along and assist you, i do know however, if your were to keep just five more of each you should be ok, the popular suggestion for bottom feeders seems to be khuli loaches, ive never seen em at my lfs but apparently alot of memebers like em, check em out, i think those travel in packs too, not sure, hope i helped!

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I'd suggest getting 6 of each fish. So you'll have 16 fish in total. You should have enough space to get some Khuli Loaches as anunez mentioned. But that's my own opinion. :) Best of luck! :;hf

4. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Yup, as Buenos Aires tetras can get pretty big, I'd go with peacemaker. Them maybe get 5 or so kuhli loaches. But make sure that you have some hiding spots (like caves or sand) for the loaches to hide in. They do like to burrow.

5. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I would go with 6 of each to. If kuhli loaches arn't your thing then perhaps 4 Corys would suit you or perhaps 4 dwarf loaches.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice