29G Stocking Check

peacockbass

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey everybody,
So after I am freed from this horrible quarantine, I am going to restock my 29 gallon partially planted tank. I am thinking about a couple angelfish, most likely koi angelfish or black marbled and then 4-6 corydoras (not sure what kind yet). If anyone has a similar stock to this already or has an idea I could use for maybe another type of fish in there, I would love to here what you guys have in mind. I realize that it cannot be a lot because of the size of the tank but still. I am very interested into what kinds of other fish I could put in there.
Thanks!

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
the only reason angelfish should be in a 29 is if they are a mated pair. You could do 1 with a schooling fish school, and at least 6 corries

Bettafish1

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
peacockbass said:
Hey everybody,
So after I am freed from this horrible quarantine, I am going to restock my 29 gallon partially planted tank. I am thinking about a couple angelfish, most likely koi angelfish or black marbled and then 4-6 corydoras (not sure what kind yet). If anyone has a similar stock to this already or has an idea I could use for maybe another type of fish in there, I would love to here what you guys have in mind. I realize that it cannot be a lot because of the size of the tank but still. I am very interested into what kinds of other fish I could put in there.
Thanks!
Corys need at least 6 individuals in a school. Also they are mostly a cooler water fish. You might be able to do a pair of angels, but definitely dont do any more.

OP
peacockbass

peacockbass

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
alright thanks you two. I'll definitely keep the angels at 1 or 2 and then I'll take you up on the 6 corys for sure.

Fish4848

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
For a 29 with other fish, two angels might be too much. I would just stick with one and maybe get some other centerpiece fish like apistogrammas or something if you want more than one centerpiece fish.

Bettafish1

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fish4848 said:
For a 29 with other fish, two angels might be too much. I would just stick with one and maybe get some other centerpiece fish like apistogrammas or something if you want more than one centerpiece fish.
That's probably better. I second ur idea

New Threads