29g: Angel, Bolivian, & Boesemani

1. ccb04 Well Known Member Member

Would a single Angel ... a single Bolivian Ram ... and 2-3 Boesemani Rainbows be decent stock for a 29g? Would they all be compatible?

I know that the Boesemani would normally prefer to be in groups of 6 or more and a longer tank would be better ... but I would like to make the Angel the centerpiece (thus the taller 29g) and I also like the Bolivian quite a bit. I would consider a 30g (6" longer & only 2" shorter than the 29g) if it would be better suited to the stock.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated as always.

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

i have a whole thread about whether or not an angel would work in a 30 long. almost everyone agreed that minimum height needs to be 17 inches, and a 30 long is 16. A couple of people said it may work with no gravel. I don't know about the 29g, and the rest of the stocking, but I can tell you that a 30long is not a better choice if you want an angel..

hope this helps. :)

3. ccb04 Well Known Member Member

Thanks, Meenu. :)

As I originally mentioned, the 29g is with the Angel in mind as the centerpiece. The 30g would have only been a consideration if it would've been suitable for the Angel (as it would be better for the Rainbows & indifferent for the Bolivian).