29 Gallon Tank 29 stocking idea? 1 angelfish with….?

HKsai

Hello! In the not so near future, I would love to have an angelfish tank. I’m content with just having one and not a breeding pair. I’m wondering what would be best to pair with one angelfish in a 29 gallon. I know that angelfish have high bioload so probably not much.

Ouse

The 29 gallon is already too small for an angel anyway, sorry.

HKsai

The 29 gallon is already too small for an angel anyway, sorry.
So most ideal would just leave it by itself in the tank by itself. I’m not super motivated to have to put more things in there.

Ouse

It’s a very small space and likely isn’t tall enough to allow a full-grown angel to swim vertically.

HKsai

It’s a very small space and likely isn’t tall enough to allow a full-grown angel to swim vertically.
I’ve done some research already and seem that it would be reasonable to house one angel in a 29 gallon. I will most likely get some bottom dwellers and that’s it. I just want to make sure they are compatible for an angel. Thank you!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Although some people do keep angels in 29 gallons it is WAY less than optimal. They are social, though will attach each other. So a pair could work, but 2 random ones would kill each other. Or w/a group of 4 to dilute aggression. But that's not even mentioning height, with a full grown angelfish getting up to 10 inches, that only leaves 3 inches above and below them, without sand added, which is super cramped.

As for the cories, they are compatible but if you are going to have the angel in such a cramped space, I wouldn't add anything more.

Sometimes we want to believe something so we look until we find one that says we can. I have also done this a couple times.

For a full explanation, I'd suggest reading the paragraph on tank size in my article:
Angelfish Care

HKsai

Although some people do keep angels in 29 gallons it is WAY less than optimal. They are social, though will attach each other. So a pair could work, but 2 random ones would kill each other. Or w/a group of 4 to dilute aggression. But that's not even mentioning height, with a full grown angelfish getting up to 10 inches, that only leaves 3 inches above and below them, without sand added, which is super cramped.

As for the cories, they are compatible but if you are going to have the angel in such a cramped space, I wouldn't add anything more.

Sometimes we want to believe something so we look until we find one that says we can. I have also done this a couple times.

For a full explanation, I'd suggest reading the paragraph on tank size in my article:
Angelfish Care
Thank you for your opinion. I’m not looking for validation for what I want to do nor I need it from complete strangers on the internet. I have done my research and planned for it. No need to make an assumption of my intention. I’m simply asking for fish that are compatible with angelfish.

I will definitely take a look of your article and take it into consideration.

OiFisho

I’ve done some research already and seem that it would be reasonable to house one angel in a 29 gallon. I will most likely get some bottom dwellers and that’s it. I just want to make sure they are compatible for an angel. Thank you!
A single angelfish will not fit in a 29 gallon. They get to a foot tall and 6 inches long. Even dwarfs won't fit. 40 gallon at the least. If you want something cool go with apistogrammas(dwarf cichlids) and have a school of harlequin rasboras and build from there.

HKsai

I guess the thread has ran its course. Moderator please close when possible. Thank you!

Aaronious

Corys, otos, a single BN pleco.

cories only with sand or dirt, suggest 6+
otos only in very mature, highly planted tank. Suggest 8+

SouthAmericanCichlids

Coradee smee82 Lucy

They want this thread closed.

Lucy

No worries, threads will close on their own with no replies.

Lucy

No worries, threads will close on their own with no replies.

Okay, so never mind.
Gonna close this thread since a new post did not add anything to the thread other than not answer the original compatibility question

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Meyia
  • Question
Replies
Views
Madchild57
Replies
Views
Dennis57
  • Question