29 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bryce1217, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bryce1217

bryce1217Valued MemberMember

i just purchased a 29 gallon. i have one discus and seven bloodfin tetras.cam i move those to the 29 gallon to give myself more stocking options for my 46 gallon? thanks!

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Hi,

You can move the tetras over but I would keep the Discus in as big a tank as possible.

3. OP
    OP
    bryce1217

ok. i was wondering because i read that a minimum tank for discus is 29. ill keep him in the 46. thanks!

4. OP
    OP
    bryce1217

29 gallons

5. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Hello!

I wouldn't go any smaller than 55 gallons with discus.

I see you also have one in a 10 gallon. I'm sure they'd love you if you got them their very own 55 and some buddies ;D

6. AlanGreene

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

You should be looking at keeping around 4 discus minimum as they are schooling fish and yes 55g is about the smallest tank for 4 of them

7. OP
    OP
    bryce1217

im replacing the 10 with a 29. im setting up the 29 tommorrow. i dont have the money to buy anyomore discus. lol. i havent had much luck with them either

8. AlanGreene

AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

They are a sensitive fish but if you do water changes daily or every second day and keep the water parameters very close to what they like you will be fine with them. I would either return a single discus or get it 3 more friends, you won't be doing well with a single discus, they are very skittish and need the comfort and support of fellow discus

9. OP
    OP
    bryce1217

i love my blu one. his name is jermaine. i can walk up to the tank and he will sit up right in front pf my face. he isnt skittish at all. lol.