29 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bryce1217, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bryce1217Valued MemberMember

i just purchased a 29 gallon. i have one discus and seven bloodfin tetras.cam i move those to the 29 gallon to give myself more stocking options for my 46 gallon? thanks!

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Hi,

You can move the tetras over but I would keep the Discus in as big a tank as possible.

3. OP
    OP
    b

bryce1217Valued MemberMember

ok. i was wondering because i read that a minimum tank for discus is 29. ill keep him in the 46. thanks!

4. OP
    OP
    b

29 gallons

5. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

Hello!

I wouldn't go any smaller than 55 gallons with discus.

I see you also have one in a 10 gallon. I'm sure they'd love you if you got them their very own 55 and some buddies ;D

6. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

You should be looking at keeping around 4 discus minimum as they are schooling fish and yes 55g is about the smallest tank for 4 of them

7. OP
    OP
    b

im replacing the 10 with a 29. im setting up the 29 tommorrow. i dont have the money to buy anyomore discus. lol. i havent had much luck with them either

8. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

They are a sensitive fish but if you do water changes daily or every second day and keep the water parameters very close to what they like you will be fine with them. I would either return a single discus or get it 3 more friends, you won't be doing well with a single discus, they are very skittish and need the comfort and support of fellow discus

9. OP
    OP
    b

i love my blu one. his name is jermaine. i can walk up to the tank and he will sit up right in front pf my face. he isnt skittish at all. lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice