29 gallon tank

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting for the longest time to upgrade my tank to a 29 gallon tank. I was at my lfs looking at tanks and i found a 29 gallon tank with the works comes with everything filter and pump, tank, heater, hood and light, food and water conditioner. they wanted $85 dollars for the whole setup. I was also looking at another 29 gallon tank came with it a glass hood with light for $75 dollars. My question is would i be better buying the whole package or just buy the tank and light and glass hood and get my own pump and filter and heater and the works. The package deal was all top fin equipment. I have all Marineland equipment now for my 10 gallon. Just curious on ur guys thoughts thanks.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
go with the complete set. a filter alone could cost you $25-30 so the rest would basically be free with the complete setup

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Top fin blows...

Marine Land rocks!

I will never ever ever buy another top fin tank or piece of equipment. I have had very bad luck with their items.

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love the marineland pump that i have i have never gave me any problems it is the best pump i have ever owned. So i was thinking about buying the tank for $75 and buying a marineland filter and put rock in the bottom and let it cycle and then once the tank is cycled i will put a heater in the tank for my fish before i put them in. Because when i bought my 10 gallon tank it was a package deal and it was all top fin equipment and i did not like the filter at all or the heater just ****. So i might as well do it right and save me money in the long run with the better equipment by marineland. Is it necessary to have heater in tank when cycling?

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
All the stuff I have is marineland as well. (well, in my 10 gal anyway). Bacteria (good or bad) grows better in warmer places, so I would say it would be helpful in cycling, but I'm no expert.

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jayfl234 said:
Is it necessary to have heater in tank when cycling?
No... But having the temp at 77 to 85 is optimum for bacteria growth. Lower temps will just make it take longer.. ;D

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice i will use that when i buy my tank the only thiing is is where do i put it in my room.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
marineland makes a complete 29 gall setup for like $110. That will save you a lot. The kits always save you $$$

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Does marineland sell the complete 29 gallon setup over the net?

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hmm I don't know. I saw it at Superpetz. I am sure if you google it you can find something.

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks i will look into it i just looked at petsmart and they have 29 gallon tank with hood for $72 dollars. That is the cheapest i have seen it so far.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom