29 Gallon Tank Stocking

wtusa1783

Reaction score
So I have a 29 gal currently with 2 angels(removing one bc of aggression and eventual size), 1 dwarf neon rainbow(had 3 but made a terrible mistake), 2 peacock gudgeons, 1 albino bushy nose pleco. My eventual stocking I want would be 1 angel, 3 dwarf neon rainbows, 6 cherry barbs, 2 peacock gudgeons, 1 pleco, and maybe an apisto if I can find one near me. Is that overstocked? It’s a heavily planted tank FYI.

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Scratch the Apisto and rainbows need at least 6, also I would go with a large group of rainbows or cherry barbs, not 2 smaller ones.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
Scratch the Apisto and rainbows need at least 6, also I would go with a large group of rainbows or cherry barbs, not 2 smaller ones.
I don’t even think I’ll be able to find an apisto anyway but the lady said if I do a trio of dwarf neons it would be fine. What should I do?

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wtusa1783 said:
I don’t even think I’ll be able to find an apisto anyway but the lady said if I do a trio of dwarf neons it would be fine. What should I do?
I Am assuming you have soft water because you already have angelfish and rainbows. do you?

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
I Am assuming you have soft water because you already have angelfish and rainbows. do you?
No unfortunately it’s hard. Have heard that but people keep angels in my area so I assume it’s fine?

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wtusa1783 said:
No unfortunately it’s hard. Have heard that but people keep angels in my area so I assume it’s fine?
Nope its not fine, angels need soft water or overtime minerals will build up to unhealthy levels and greatly shorten the fishes life span. Please read my signature, under my first post on this thread.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
Nope its not fine, angels need soft water or overtime minerals will build up to unhealthy levels and greatly shorten the fishes life span. Please read my signature, under my first post on this thread.
Ok. What about the signature?

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wtusa1783 said:
Ok. What about the signature?
It is inhumane to deprive any animal of an element it regards as critical to its well-being, and totally naive to expect normal behavior in its absence. [Dr. Paul Loiselle]

Did you read this?

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
It is inhumane to deprive any animal of an element it regards as critical to its well-being, and totally naive to expect normal behavior in its absence. [Dr. Paul Loiselle]

Did you read this?
Sorry did I miss this? Where was it?

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
it Was in my signature.
a signature is the writing after your posts.
Sorry I am confused about what you are talking about

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
JettsPapa said:
Signatures don't show up if you're on a phone, or at least they don't on mind.
O so that’s what they were talking about. I am on a phone so I had no idea

PenguinTetra38

Reaction score
CoryFan said:
CoryFan, I'm on a computer and I don't see any signature... I'm pretty sure you accidentally got rid of your signature.

New Threads