29 Gallon Tank Overstocked?

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think that is definitely dancing on the line of a lot of fish in a tank, and too many fish in a tank

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You have a lot of mid tank swimmers, but other than that, the only issue is the two labyrinth fish. Just be aware that the gourami and betta are very likely to fight at some point, since both are labryinth fish and will see each other as invaders in their territory.
As long as your nitrates stay below 20, should be fine.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
29 gallon planted tank
6 male guppies
1 female gourami
1 male betta
15 neon tetra
1 bristlenose pleco
(expecting negative comments about the betta)
What type of gourami is it?
The betta needs warmer temps than the neon tetras and the pleco, so I'd get it a smaller tank. And then of course there are the aggression possibilities...

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi & welcome, you do have a lot of fish in a 29g especially with the pleco which is a poop machine & will have a high bio-load, saying that I don't think it's massive & success will depend on how much filtration you have running & your tank maintenance (water changes etc.). What filtration are you running?

Heathen

Valued Member
Reaction score
29 gallon planted tank
6 male guppies
1 female gourami
1 male betta
15 neon tetra
1 bristlenose pleco
(expecting negative comments about the betta)
I highly suggest rethinking the kind of fish in here. Some of the temperature differences already noted lol. Betta and gourami are in the same family so having them in the same tank together is not really the best of ideas. Guppies are hit or miss with the betta, honestly depends on the fish. The tetras should be okay but I would just take out the betta from this equation if it were me.

MaxBlack

Reaction score
I highly suggest rethinking the kind of fish in here. Some of the temperature differences already noted lol. Betta and gourami are in the same family so having them in the same tank together is not really the best of ideas. Guppies are hit or miss with the betta, honestly depends on the fish. The tetras should be okay but I would just take out the betta from this equation if it were me.
i actually removed the betta and relocated it and 4 guppies to other tanks added a few khouli loaches and a mystery snail but since my post accumulated alot of plants which help alot

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom