29 Gallon Tank Fish-In-Cycle Update

R3licx
Hello fellow Fish friends !

Id like to start off by saying this is a Fish-In-Cycle. I am Testing water every 6-8 hours. The following fish are inside tank.
4 Albino Cory's
3 Shrimp.

My first update on my tank cycle. Performed 2:17AM The Levels currently are-
Ammonia - 0.50 ppm
Nitrite - 1.0 ppm
Nitrate lvls - 0 ppm
PH - 7
Temp - 75F

Products currently used -
API Quick Start -29Ml for 29 Gallons
API Stress Coat - 13ML for 29 Gallons

Tank has ran a full 24 hours before adding any of the products. Products were added 3 hours before adding any fish. I will Continue to update this thread with all tests.

Zach72202
Something you may consider doing is getting some squeezings from an established filter to add to your tank. That gunk would probably help you get going with this so your little fishies won't have to go through this, and it'll save you time too!

R3licx
Zach72202 said:
Something you may consider doing is getting some squeezings from an established filter to add to your tank. That gunk would probably help you get going with this so your little fishies won't have to go through this, and it'll save you time too!
I didnt think of that. Thank you !

JettsPapa
I assume you're doing water changes to keep those ammonia and nitrite levels low?

mattgirl
Welcome to Fishlore

One thing I will suggest is you only run your test once a day. Another thing is I will recommend you replace your stress coat water conditioner with seachem prime. Not only will it take a lot less of it but it will also detox your low levels of ammonia. Water changes to keep the levels low and prime to detox what's left should keep your water pets safe.

LanceDog
Are you doing a fish-in cycle on purpose? Try buying a cycled sponge from Angelsplus so the animals don't suffer.

R3licx
JettsPapa said:
I assume you're doing water changes to keep those ammonia and nitrite levels low?
Yes, i have a water change to do later today. Prob gonna do a 20-25%
mattgirl said:
Welcome to Fishlore

One thing I will suggest is you only run your test once a day. Another thing is I will recommend you replace your stress coat water conditioner with seachem prime. Not only will it take a lot less of it but it will also detox your low levels of ammonia. Water changes to keep the levels low and prime to detox what's left should keep your water pets safe.
Thank you, i will pick that up later today.
LanceDog said:
Are you doing a fish-in cycle on purpose? Try buying a cycled sponge from Angelsplus so the animals don't suffer.
With the Cycled Sponge, were would that go ? just in the water or would i put it in the filter ?
10:30 Update

Ammonia Lvls - 0.25-0.50 ppm
Nitrite lvls - 0.0-0.25 ppm
Nitrate lvls- 0 ppm
PH 7
Temp 75

JettsPapa
R3licx said:
Yes, i have a water change to do later today. Prob gonna do a 20-25%

10:30 Update

Ammonia Lvls - 0.25-0.50 ppm
Nitrite lvls - 0.0-0.25 ppm
Nitrate lvls- 0 ppm
PH 7
Temp 75
You said about 12 hours ago that your ammonia was at 0.5 and nitrites at 1.0. I assume you've done a water change since then to get them down to your 10:30 update numbers?

R3licx
JettsPapa said:
You said about 12 hours ago that your ammonia was at 0.5 and nitrites at 1.0. I assume you've done a water change since then to get them down to your 10:30 update numbers?
Yes, first water change i did was around 8am. did about 20%. Il be checking the numbers again around 6-7pm tonight just to make sure everything is going smoothly

Zach72202
Some fish stores offer a 'pre-cycled' sponge filter, but all of them have cycled media that they can at least give you some filter squeezings. You can order cycled things online, but honestly if you live in a colder climate it may not survive well by the time it gets to you. Buying local is always the best way to go with anything live, unless you want to pay for next day air.

R3licx
Zach72202 said:
Some fish stores offer a 'pre-cycled' sponge filter, but all of them have cycled media that they can at least give you some filter squeezings. You can order cycled things online, but honestly if you live in a colder climate it may not survive well by the time it gets to you. Buying local is always the best way to go with anything live, unless you want to pay for next day air.
This Morning i purchased a Cycled Sponge from AngelsPlus online. I paid for the 2 day shipping so Tuesday or Wednesday i should see it. I live not that far from the place so it shouldn't be too too long. I think they are in New York an im in Mass.

ZachG
I remember 3am water changes. You’ve probably got two weeks until the cycles finished. Once your bacteria can keep up with the ammonia you should be able to relax a little more.

R3licx
ZachG said:
I remember 3am water changes. You’ve probably got two weeks until the cycles finished. Once your bacteria can keep up with the ammonia you should be able to relax a little more.
i'm takin it day by day here. the fish in the tank seem pretty happy so until anything changes im gonna keep on trucking along the way its going.

Testing water every 8hours. and doing a water change when needed. even if that means every day

Dunk2
R3licx said:
Yes, first water change i did was around 8am. did about 20%. Il be checking the numbers again around 6-7pm tonight just to make sure everything is going smoothly
You’re definitely on the right track, but I’d suggest increasing the amount of water you’re changing. . . I always kept the combined level of ammonia and nitrites at or below 0.50 with each water change.

R3licx
Dunk2 said:
You’re definitely on the right track, but I’d suggest increasing the amount of water you’re changing. . . I always kept the combined level of ammonia and nitrites at or below 0.50 with each water change.
how much would you recommend ?

Dunk2
R3licx said:
how much would you recommend ?
Depends on your test result.

As an example, if the combined level of ammonia and nitrites is 1.0 ppm, do a 50% or 60% change to get it down to 0.50 or 0.40 ppm.

Make sense?

R3licx
Dunk2 said:
Depends on your test result.

As an example, if the combined level of ammonia and nitrites is 1.0 ppm, do a 50% or 60% change to get it down to 0.50 or 0.40 ppm.

Make sense?
I got you , thank you for the help

6pm Update
Ammonia Lvls - 0.25ppm
Nitrite Lvls - 0.0 ppm
Nitrate Lvls - 0.0 ppm
PH - 7
Temp 75F

I might have mis-read the Ammonia on the last update at 10am. It seems like 10 am and 6pm are both the same.

R3licx
2 AM Update -

Ammonia Lvls - 0.25 ppm
Nitrite Lvls - 0.0 ppm
Nitrate Lvls - 0.0 ppm
PH - 7
Temp 75F

Not much has changed so far. I did add some more quick start to get some more of that beneficial bacteria.

Next update in the morning.

mattgirl
You can of course continue testing and run all the tests each time every few hours but to be totally honest it really isn't necessary. Once every 24 hours really is often enough. If you now have your prime it will have rendered the ammonia safer for 24 hours.

There is no reason at all to be running the nitrate test at this point. You shouldn't see nitrates until nitrites show up and start going down. Since you have ordered the seeded sponge you may never see the nitrite spike so don't think something is wrong if you don't.

You can make the ammonia and nitrate testing solutions go twice as far if instead of testing on 5ml of water each you test 2.5ml instead. For the ammonia test add 4 drops from each bottle. For the nitrate test add 5 drops from each bottle. I have tested it out and get the same results.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
You can of course continue testing and run all the tests each time every few hours but to be totally honest it really isn't necessary. Once every 24 hours really is often enough. If you now have your prime it will have rendered the ammonia safer for 24 hours.

There is no reason at all to be running the nitrate test at this point. You shouldn't see nitrates until nitrites show up and start going down. Since you have ordered the seeded sponge you may never see the nitrite spike so don't think something is wrong if you don't.

You can make the ammonia and nitrate testing solutions go twice as far if instead of testing on 5ml of water each you test 2.5ml instead. For the ammonia test add 4 drops from each bottle. For the nitrate test add 5 drops from each bottle. I have tested it out and get the same results.
thank you, that helps on not having to be up at 2 am every day haha. I will test every day in the morning. Thank you for the info .

I have noticed the top of the tank is now full of bubbles. I did a water change again to see if the cause was dirty water but they remain. Someone told me API Stress coat can do it which i did add this morning. So lets hope that goes away

mattgirl
R3licx said:
thank you, that helps on not having to be up at 2 am every day haha. I will test every day in the morning. Thank you for the info .

I have noticed the top of the tank is now full of bubbles. I did a water change again to see if the cause was dirty water but they remain. Someone told me API Stress coat can do it which i did add this morning. So lets hope that goes away
You are very welcome

Did you manage to get some Prime? If you did there is no reason to use both it and stress coat. I would put the stress coat away until this cycle is complete and only use prime. Both are water conditioners but prime also detoxes low levels of ammonia so is the product I always recommend when doing a fish in cycle.

Some bubbles on the surface aren't unusual in a new tank. As long as you have surface movement all should be fine. The bubbles will eventually stop hanging out up there.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
You are very welcome

Did you manage to get some Prime? If you did there is no reason to use both it and stress coat. I would put the stress coat away until this cycle is complete and only use prime. Both are water conditioners but prime also detoxes low levels of ammonia so is the product I always recommend when doing a fish in cycle.

Some bubbles on the surface aren't unusual in a new tank. As long as you have surface movement all should be fine. The bubbles will eventually stop hanging out up there.
I have not made it to the store today, i was all set to head out an then the fire alarm went off so im making sure the cats are chill before i head out. but i will be picking that up today. i have 2 sources of movement in the tank. one being a air stone on one side an the other being the filter. The new sponge just shipped today so when that comes in it will help alot.

This is what the tank looks like right now. i am slightly concerned because the fish are all over the place an the corys are swimming up to the top an then back down.

mattgirl
Hopefully it was a false alarm. These loud things can almost wake the dead so I can only imagine how it would bother our fur pets.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the bubble if you are 100% positive no soap has gotten in this tank. Your corys are probably just being corys. Some of my corys are over 5 years old and still do this from time to time. They really get going when they are feeling frisky. I know when they get like that eggs are sure to be plastered all over the place again before long

R3licx
mattgirl said:
You are very welcome

I have not made it to the store today, i was all set to head out an then the fire alarm went off so im making sure the cats are chill before i head out. but i will be picking that up today. i have 2 sources of movement in the tank. one being a air stone on one side an the other being the filter. The new sponge just shipped today so when that comes in it will help alot.

This is what the tank looks like right now. i am slightly concerned because the fish are all over the place an the corys are swimming up to the top an then back down.

R3licx
Day 3 update.

Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate lvls - 0 ppm
PH - 7
Temp - 75F

I added the Prime as mattgirl said to do, also i added these dissolving balls that the pet store said to add which where called " Pure ". Also moved some things around in the tank with some decorations. Things are going good

mattgirl
R3licx said:
Day 3 update.

Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate lvls - 0 ppm
PH - 7
Temp - 75F

I added the Prime as mattgirl said to do, also i added these dissolving balls that the pet store said to add which where called " Pure ". Also moved some things around in the tank with some decorations. Things are going good
This is what I like to see when dong a fish in cycle. I am wondering though why you aren't seeing any nitrates. At one point you were seeing ammonia and later saw a rise in nitrites. Since nitrites are the waste product of the ammonia eating bacteria and nitrates are the waste product of the nitrite eating bacteria you should be registering some nitrates.

Are you following the nitrate test instructions to a tee? Are you shaking bottle number 2 like your life depended on it? It needs to have the sediment in the bottom of the bottle broken loose so it can be mixed well. If not mixed well you won't get an accurate reading.

I know the instructions don't tell us to do it but it isn't a bad idea to shake all the different bottles. None as strongly and the one nitrate bottle. Just a quick shake is all it will take for all but the nitrate.

I just re-read this thread and realized you just started this 3 days ago. I have to think your original readings for ammonia and nitrites were there because of the bottled bacteria you added. If you don't have nitrates in your tap water you won't be seeing them in this tank for a few more weeks.

Just continue testing once a day. Keep the ammonia down to no more than .25 That shouldn't be hard to do with just 4 corys and 2 shrimp in there. It normally takes about 3 weeks for nitrites to show up and soon after that you should start seeing nitrates.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
This is what I like to see when dong a fish in cycle. I am wondering though why you aren't seeing any nitrates. At one point you were seeing ammonia and later saw a rise in nitrites. Since nitrites are the waste product of the ammonia eating bacteria and nitrates are the waste product of the nitrite eating bacteria you should be registering some nitrates.

Are you following the nitrate test instructions to a tee? Are you shaking bottle number 2 like your life depended on it? It needs to have the sediment in the bottom of the bottle broken loose so it can be mixed well. If not mixed well you won't get an accurate reading.

I know the instructions don't tell us to do it but it isn't a bad idea to shake all the different bottles. None as strongly and the one nitrate bottle. Just a quick shake is all it will take for all but the nitrate.

I just re-read this thread and realized you just started this 3 days ago. I have to think your original readings for ammonia and nitrites were there because of the bottled bacteria you added. If you don't have nitrates in your tap water you won't be seeing them in this tank for a few more weeks.

Just continue testing once a day. Keep the ammonia down to no more than .25 That shouldn't be hard to do with just 4 corys and 2 shrimp in there. It normally takes about 3 weeks for nitrites to show up and soon after that you should start seeing nitrates.
Yeah im only on my 3rd day. The Stuff is bouncing an going back to 0 when i added the prime. Between tomorrow an Thursday i should be getting my already cycled sponge from angels plus. Everything i read about them says it will help my tank. So just waiting on that

mattgirl
R3licx said:
Yeah im only on my 3rd day. The Stuff is bouncing an going back to 0 when i added the prime. Between tomorrow an Thursday i should be getting my already cycled sponge from angels plus. Everything i read about them says it will help my tank. So just waiting on that
Prime isn't going to remove the ammonia. If there is ammonia in the tank it will still be there. It will just be in a safer form. If it is there it will still show up in the test tube. Hopefully the angelsplus seeded sponge will prevent any future spike in ammonia or nitrites. That is what using seeded media should do.

If the seeded media has done its job you should start seeing some nitrates within a week or so after adding it.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
Prime isn't going to remove the ammonia. If there is ammonia in the tank it will still be there. It will just be in a safer form. If it is there it will still show up in the test tube. Hopefully the angelsplus seeded sponge will prevent any future spike in ammonia or nitrites. That is what using seeded media should do.

If the seeded media has done its job you should start seeing some nitrates within a week or so after adding it.
Good to know, thank you. Im excited for the sponge, ive been reading some peoples tanks are close to being fully cyced in like 6 days from them. So wither its 6 days or a week or whatever the time it takes. Im sure it will be fun

R3licx
Day 4

mattgirl
It looks like we are now seeing a slight hint of ammonia. That is actually a good thing in this case. It is going to be food for the bacteria on the sponge you will be receiving soon. If it goes no, or not much, higher before you get the sponge don't water change it out. Let the seeded sponge do its job.

If the bacteria on the seeded sponge is viable the ammonia should go down fairly quick once the filter is installed. Give it at least 24 hours after installing the filter before testing.

I am working with another member that just received her seeded sponge. She cut hers up, squeezed the water out of it into the tank and put the pieces in her filter. I am going to recommend you not do that. I could be very wrong and it might not make a bit of difference but I recommend you attach it to your air pump, drop it in the tank as is and run it as a true sponge filter. I believe they recommend you pour the dirty water in the bag into the tank. I would follow those instructions but would pour it in my HOB filter.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
It looks like we are now seeing a slight hint of ammonia. That is actually a good thing in this case. It is going to be food for the bacteria on the sponge you will be receiving soon. If it goes no, or not much, higher before you get the sponge don't water change it out. Let the seeded sponge do its job.

If the bacteria on the seeded sponge is viable the ammonia should go down fairly quick once the filter is installed.
Update, i just got a notifcation the sponge is out for delivery and will be here between 9am and 1pm. when i get it il post a photo of it in the tank

mattgirl
R3licx said:
Update, i just got a notifcation the sponge is out for delivery and will be here between 9am and 1pm. when i get it il post a photo of it in the tank
Perfect. You may have missed the edits I added to my previous post. Hopefully these sponges will work just as advertised.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
Perfect. You may have missed the edits I added to my previous post. Hopefully these sponges will work just as advertised.
yes i missed them anjust read them now. My plan was to take out the air stone that i have in the tank right now an replace that with the full cultured sponge filter. I have 2 extra hoses so if i need to add the air stone back in i can but the housing for it is just to big to also have the sponge in at the same time.

I want to make the sponge a permanent feature in the tank. Everything ive read about them seems to be better then the normal air stone.

mattgirl
R3licx said:
yes i missed them anjust read them now. My plan was to take out the air stone that i have in the tank right now an replace that with the full cultured sponge filter. I have 2 extra hoses so if i need to add the air stone back in i can but the housing for it is just to big to also have the sponge in at the same time.

I want to make the sponge a permanent feature in the tank. Everything ive read about them seems to be better then the normal air stone.
I agree with those that say a sponge filter is better than just an airstone. It you are going to run air to your tank it may as well be doing double duty. It is a perfect place for bacteria and also adds surface movement.

I run 2 HOB filters along with 2 dual sponge filters on my 55 gallon tank. We can never have too much filtration on our tanks. Too much water movement if it is affecting our fish but never too much filtration. Having extra seeded media is never a bad thing either. It comes in handy should we have to set up an emergency tank or are just wanting to start another tank.

JustAFishServant
I feel a bit dumb. When doing fish-in cycles, I've never done a WC in-between. I've heard it slows the cycle. Besides, if you choose hardy fish, they're usually fine...I know, I know, I've been in the hobby for over a decade and only learned about this recently XD

mattgirl
JustAFishServant said:
I feel a bit dumb. When doing fish-in cycles, I've never done a WC in-between. I've heard it slows the cycle. Besides, if you choose hardy fish, they're usually fine...I know, I know, I've been in the hobby for over a decade and only learned about this recently XD
You may have heard it but it isn't true. Granted you will be removing some of the ammonia but the fish are constantly adding more so there will always be some in there to keep the bacteria fed. Water changes are just removing the excess.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
I agree with those that say a sponge filter is better than just an airstone. It you are going to run air to your tank it may as well be doing double duty. It is a perfect place for bacteria and also adds surface movement.

I run 2 HOB filters along with 2 dual sponge filters on my 55 gallon tank. We can never have too much filtration on our tanks. Too much water movement if it is affecting our fish but never too much filtration. Having extra seeded media is never a bad thing either. It comes in handy should we have to set up an emergency tank or are just wanting to start another tank.
The Active Sponge is in the tank and causing alot more surface bubbles. the previous issue with bubbles not popping is gone the second i installed this. Tho i had to make a valve as my air line was to big to go in the hole provided. Lets see what happens this time tomarrow with the tests. I will wait to do the water tests till 12:30 tomarrow afternoon.

mattgirl
I suspected this was the case. Quite often air stones will cause tiny bubbles to form on the surface 'specially in a new tank. I am happy you have one less thing you have to wonder about now that they are gone.

I am anxious to see the results. I am not going to be concerned if you still see a bit of ammonia tomorrow although you are only seeing a tiny bit so far. I hope you won't be either. We still need to give it time.

R3licx
Todays update with the active sponge.

JettsPapa
R3licx said:
Todays update with the active sponge.
That looks like 0.50 ppm ammonia and zero nitrites to me. A water change certainly wouldn't hurt, but you could probably wait until tomorrow.

R3licx
JettsPapa said:
That looks like 0.50 ppm ammonia and zero nitrites to me. A water change certainly wouldn't hurt, but you could probably wait until tomorrow.
ill be doing a water change tomorrow morning for sure.

R3licx
ok so, i decided to do a water change last night. I got alot of stuff out of the substrait. now this morning it doenst look like much has changed. I have the sponge filter in from Angelplus havnt really seen anything happen with the tests yet.

Reguarding water changes. Last night i did about 6-7 gallon change an added a bit of prime. When doing a water change i worry that il stress the fish out to much. How much of a water change should i do ?

JettsPapa
R3licx said:
. . . When doing a water change i worry that il stress the fish out to much. How much of a water change should i do ?
50% certainly wouldn't be too much.

R3licx
JettsPapa said:
50% certainly wouldn't be too much.
Im almost wondering if i got sent a none cycled sponge. The info that they give on it says " NOTE: If you test your water after adding the filter and have no ammonia and no nitrites, then everything is good. You do NOT need to see nitrates to know it's working. "

Im still seeing Ammonia 2 days after installing. I am gonna hold off feeding the fish till tonight an see if the ammonia goes down any. if not i guess its onto another water change.

mattgirl
Your fish will get used to water changes. When doing a fish in cycle water changes are critical to the health of the fish. I would be changing out at least half the water anytime I got an ammonia reading. Keep in mind, you are never going to be removing all the ammonia because the fish are constantly adding more. There will be plenty to keep the bacteria fed and growing.

I was actually able to keep it so low I never got an ammonia reading. I knew it was there but it was so low the test couldn't pick it up. Folks fear if they don't see any there isn't any but it is there if there are fish in the tank. My tank went from a dry tank to cycled in about 4 weeks. During those 4 weeks I never got an ammonia reading.

Nitrites spiked at about 3 weeks. It took almost a week of daily water changes to protect my fish. During this week nitrates were gradually going up. My tank was still cloudy so I knew, although I was seeing no ammonia or nitrites, my cycle wasn't stable yet. It took another couple of weeks for the water to clear. It was at that point I considered my cycle done and moved on from almost daily water changes to my weekly water changes.

A lot of the fish that were in this tank during the cycling process are still with me now over 5 years later. Like we all will from time to time, I have lost fish. It is inevitable when we are dealing with small delicate fish. Mine are mostly various tetras and corys. I started with 11 corys. I lost 3 of the 5 false julii's within the first few months and a couple of years later I lost my large female albino. Before she swam under the rainbow bridge she blessed me with lots and lots of babies. The other 2 albino and 3 bronze I started out with are still with me along with at least 20 more bronze born in my tank with a little help from me.

All this to say, don't fear doing water changes even if it means doing them daily to keep the ammonia down as low as possible.

I would have expected more from the angelsplus seeded sponge. I would like to see how they actually seed them and how long or even if they allow them to run in a stocked cycled tank. I really can't imagine them being well seeded if they haven't run in a cycled tank for at least a month but I don't know their process for seeding them.

I do know I can pull a seeded sponge from my heavily stocked tank and instantly cycle another tank. Never see ammonia or nitrites and nitrates start showing up in a week or so. I was hoping it would be the same for these sponge filters. It seems that isn't the case I will be reluctant to recommend them.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
Your fish will get used to water changes. When doing a fish in cycle water changes are critical to the health of the fish. I would be changing out at least half the water anytime I got an ammonia reading. Keep in mind, you are never going to be removing all the ammonia because the fish are constantly adding more. There will be plenty to keep the bacteria fed and growing.

I was actually able to keep it so low I never got an ammonia reading. I knew it was there but it was so low the test couldn't pick it up. Folks fear if they don't see any there isn't any but it is there if there are fish in the tank. My tank went from a dry tank to cycled in about 4 weeks. During those 4 weeks I never got an ammonia reading.

Nitrites spiked at about 3 weeks. It took almost a week of daily water changes to protect my fish. During this week nitrates were gradually going up. My tank was still cloudy so I knew, although I was seeing no ammonia or nitrites, my cycle wasn't stable yet. It took another couple of weeks for the water to clear. It was at that point I considered my cycle done and moved on from almost daily water changes to my weekly water changes.

A lot of the fish that were in this tank during the cycling process are still with me now over 5 years later. Like we all will from time to time, I have lost fish. It is inevitable when we are dealing with small delicate fish. Mine are mostly various tetras and corys. I started with 11 corys. I lost 3 of the 5 false julii's within the first few months and a couple of years later I lost my large female albino. Before she swam under the rainbow bridge she blessed me with lots and lots of babies. The other 2 albino and 3 bronze I started out with are still with me along with at least 20 more bronze born in my tank with a little help from me.

All this to say, don't fear doing water changes even if it means doing them daily to keep the ammonia down as low as possible.

I would have expected more from the angelsplus seeded sponge. I would like to see how they actually seed them and how long or even if they allow them to run in a stocked cycled tank. I really can't imagine them being well seeded if they haven't run in a cycled tank for at least a month but I don't know their process for seeding them.

I do know I can pull a seeded sponge from my heavily stocked tank and instantly cycle another tank. Never see ammonia or nitrites and nitrates start showing up in a week or so. I was hoping it would be the same for these sponge filters. It seems that isn't the case I will be reluctant to recommend them.
I dont know, i emailed the guy who sells them an explained it to him. he came back with a 1 sentence of " Sometimes it takes longer to rebuild the bacteria to the level your tank needs. It should be normal within a week. " After saying thanks an that ijust wanted to check he said " I dont know you might have done something wrong ". I dont know how you can do something wrong by putting air line into a sponge filter.

Its safe to say im alittle ticked with them atm.

mattgirl
R3licx said:
I dont know, i emailed the guy who sells them an explained it to him. he came back with a 1 sentence of " Sometimes it takes longer to rebuild the bacteria to the level your tank needs. It should be normal within a week. " After saying thanks an that ijust wanted to check he said " I dont know you might have done something wrong ". I dont know how you can do something wrong by putting air line into a sponge filter.

Its safe to say im alittle ticked with them atm.
Let's hope we start seeing progress within a few more days. I wouldn't give up on it. The other member I am talking to is seeing some results from hers.

R3licx
mattgirl said:
Let's hope we start seeing progress within a few more days. I wouldn't give up on it. The other member I am talking to is seeing some results from hers.
I hope so. the shrimps an the snails like to crawl on the sponge so maybe it has something inside it.

R3licx
After doing a water test nothing had changed. Ammonia was at 1ppm, nitrites at 0ppm and nitrates at 0ppm. I kind of got fed up with this and did a 50% water change an added some prime to help with the water. will re-test in a few hours. IM hoping this brings down the ammonia.

I only fed the fish once yesterday and the Ammonia never went down. The fish are showing no signs of being uncomfortable.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Update

So, 2 an half hours later this is the results. I also tested my tap water to see what the base line of that is. I am also later today going to be getting a new Master Test Kit to make sure its not any issues with the original one. All but 2 glass vials have broken while trying to take the top off the vials. Lets see what later brings.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom