29 gallon stocking

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I'm back on fishlore after bieng off a very long time.So i emptied out most of my tanks and now i wonder if 2 firemouths,4 angels,and 1 ??? would be good for a 29 gallon tank.

kribensis keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i don't think that it is a good idea as if the firemouths breed they can get really aggressive also the tank is to small for all those fish to be together but you could mayby get away with just the 4 angles

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wouldn't do angels in a 29 gallon. They get to be 6" long and 10" tall by the time they're full grown and a 29 gallon REALLY doesn't provide enough room for them. I have a friend who temporarily put his two full-grown angels into his 29 gallon and they were SO cramped. They could seriously barely swim around. :/

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could keep 2 firemouths alone but that would be it.

I had my 5 angels in my 34G for a while until the 45G was free. Throughout the time they were in the 34G they bickered quite a bit and they were only small, now they are in the 45G there is no aggression at all. 4 angels just wouldn't work.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bassbonediva said:
I wouldn't do angels in a 29 gallon. They get to be 6" long and 10" tall by the time they're full grown and a 29 gallon REALLY doesn't provide enough room for them. I have a friend who temporarily put his two full-grown angels into his 29 gallon and they were SO cramped. They could seriously barely swim around. :/
I think that's on altum angels if i'm corret if incorrect i'm sorry.New stocking list Rams and Angels with lots of plants tell me if how many of what i can put in there.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Incorrect I'm afraid, it applies to all angel species.

2 angels, 2 rams, then some kind of bottom feeder and a shoal of something.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dang i thought i was right.Well nstead of a large shoal what about 12 ottos and a albino rainbow shark along with 2 angels and 2 rams

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rainbow sharks need atleast 45G in my opinion. It wouldn't play nice with your ottos at all. You could have a group of ottos and then a shoaling fish, though.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
what fish can i have alone that will get 6in and won't hurt any fish.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When it comes to the fact were talkin about you having rams and angels, I'm thinking of bio-load more than aggression. But if you have too many big fish, there is bound to be aggression. Most fish which get to your specified size are cichlids, you already have 2 species of cichlid, having three, your likely to get a lot of aggresion issues.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
burnellhman said:
what fish can i have alone that will get 6in and won't hurt any fish.
A blue/gold/opaline gourami.

-Lisa

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
gouramis tend to be really aggressive so what about a albino red tail shark.with a lot of plants and caves they won't bother anyone.Correct me if i'm wrong.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Corrected. In that size tank your shark is bound to harrass something, they are pretty much the same as rainbow sharks behavious wise.
And gouramis don't tend to be really aggresive if kept alone.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning and Welcome back!

I have to agree with the information above concerning the Rainbow Sharks, Albino Sharks and Red Tail Sharks. They really should have at least 55 gallon if not more.

These fish are really cute when they are little and shy. However, once they become acclimated to their environment and mature, the aggression begins.

I have a Rainbow Shark in my 265g. Even with as much room as he has, he still chases my Silver Dollars around and nips fins. Luckily the Silver Dollars are fast and they have room to escape.

Here is a profile on Rainbow Sharks:

https://www.fishlore.com/profiles_rainbow_shark.htm

Ken

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good Morning Everyone well what could be a good centerpiece for my aquarium

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
a good centerpeice fish maybe a gourami is your best option with a school of bottom feeders and some top level swimmers and then medium to heavily planted

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ummm update i have bought 2 firemouth cichlids and a albino rainbow shark.I have some live plants in there.Such as mono grass and archaris or something like that.It has one big cave and one small cave.ummm any suggestions are welcome.The shark will leave as it gets older.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Update the firemouths have gotten some really good colors they are still to small to eat cihlid pellets but are really attacking the flakes and bloodworms.The albino shark i got had little color on it's tail when i ot it from petsmart but now it's gotten a little redder.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Update i need help.When i got my fish july 8th 2010 they were all 1in now the albino rainbow shark and one of the firemouths are 1 and a half inches while my smaller firemouth hasn't grown a bit.But my problem is that the bigger firemouth is harrasing the smaller one. could i put him or her in my 10 gallon until it reaches 1 and a half or mabey 2in.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads