29 gallon stocking

JoJoSen

Hi all!
I current have a 29 gallon tank that is 30x12x18
It’s currently stocked with 16 Neon Tetras and 6 Albino Corys. I would like recommendations on what else to add.

I had Honey Gourami's but I didn’t really like them.

Currently I’m debating whether to up the Neon Tetras to around 26, or add a centerpiece fish.

BigManAquatics

A single bolivian ram could probably work as a centerpiece.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

It would be very cool if you add more neon tetras

Upvote 0

angelfish220

A swordtail or molly would be a stunning addition if your water conditions are right for it. But also a large school is a centerpiece in its own right, and if you haven't had a tank of just one or two species, it is worth considering.

Upvote 0

Magua

I have a 29g with 18 neons and a neon blue dwarf gourami as a centerpiece (that is gorgeous...though I hear they can be sensitive?). Also have a bunch of corys. Maybe having extra neons will encourage them to school together a lot? My 18 seems like pretty random swimmers. But I do really like having a centerpiece.

Attachments

• DE1F64FA-2EDF-418C-9B66-1B09A01373AC.jpeg
    DE1F64FA-2EDF-418C-9B66-1B09A01373AC.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0

JoJoSen

A swordtail or molly would be a stunning addition if your water conditions are right for it. But also a large school is a centerpiece in its own right, and if you haven't had a tank of just one or two species, it is worth considering.
Swordtail seems interesting. The only issue I find with them is that they apparently breed like crazy.
I have a 29g with 18 neons and a neon blue dwarf gourami as a centerpiece (that is gorgeous...though I hear they can be sensitive?). Also have a bunch of corys. Maybe having extra neons will encourage them to school together a lot? My 18 seems like pretty random swimmers. But I do really like having a centerpiece.
That Gourami is gorgeous. My neon’s do the same thing and swim randomly.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Swordtail seems interesting. The only issue I find with them is that they apparently breed like crazy.

That won't be a problem if you get just one, and it's male.

That Gourami is gorgeous. My neon’s do the same thing and swim randomly.

They are beautiful fish, but as Magua said, they're often plagued by health issues. In addition to that, they are probably the most aggressive gourami species, and some individuals will attack any other fish in the tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aqdpanda22
Replies
Views
Joshaeus
Replies
Views
fishillyme
Replies