29 Gallon Stocking?

sarxlives

I have a 29-gallon tank which is housing a small community of fish.

The tank currently has:

5 Zebra Danios'
2 Mollies
3 Neon Tetras
1 Playtfish

Im unsure on how many fish I could put in the tank. I tried calculating it with information I found on the web but I'm nervous on adding any more. How many fish could be added and could I add any other different ones or bottom feeders?

Leeman75

What type of filtration do you have? Is it a planted tank? What types of decor do you have in it?

If you have really good filtration and well-planted, I think that you could probably do better by adding a few more Danios and about 6 more Neons. You could still probably do 6-8 smaller Cories (Pygmi, Panda, etc.) to finish it out. I would stay away from a larger Cory as the footprint of a 29 is probably pushing it to have that many of the big cories.

I also wouldn't add that all at once though.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

I would add more fish for each of these since they are a schooling fish. ALso, I think the danios need a cooler temperature compared to the other fish.

Upvote 0

sarxlives

What type of filtration do you have? Is it a planted tank? What types of decor do you have in it?

If you have really good filtration and well-planted, I think that you could probably do better by adding a few more Danios and about 6 more Neons. You could still probably do 6-8 smaller Cories (Pygmi, Panda, etc.) to finish it out. I would stay away from a larger Cory as the footprint of a 29 is probably pushing it to have that many of the big cories.

I also wouldn't add that all at once though.

I have mechanical Filtration with those disposable filter cartridges. Yes the tank is planted with 3 Amazon Sword plants, duckweed, and some store bought plants. The only decor is some driftwood,a plastic log, and a rock
I would add more fish for each of these since they are a schooling fish. ALso, I think the danios need a cooler temperature compared to the other fish.

Huh never knew. I've had them in since the beginning of this tank and they've been living fine.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

They prefer to be in groups, maybe if you add some more, they might show some interesting behaviour

Upvote 0

Lilthuglet

Beware of platys though, they do like to ge in groups but mixed gender groups will end up with more platys. The breed like mad.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
fallfever
Replies
Views
flyinGourami
  • Question
Replies
Views