Question 29 Gallon Stocking

Ashto Brado

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello, I have just about finished the set up for my 29 gallon saltwater tank, the salinity is 1.024 and the cycling should be finished in early June. I have been looking at some fish and inverts to stock it with but I do wish for some ideas to help out. If you could drop some fish ideas below that’d be perfect, thanks!
Image1558224933.919285.jpg
that’s the tank, mismatched rock but it doesn’t matter a ton to me

Oarngesi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
A couple clowns is on almost everyone’s list after that there is all kinds of roads to take do you want peaceful or aggressive fish? Ever plan to add coral? And the rock work looks great

Ashto Brado

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A couple clowns is on almost everyone’s list after that there is all kinds of roads to take do you want peaceful or aggressive fish? Ever plan to add coral?
I’d prefer peaceful so I can add cool inverts. This will be a fish only system with, of course, inverts.

Oarngesi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’d start with a pair of your favorite clowns then a shrimp goby combo than just let the tank establish and settle for a while maybe 6 mos then add a couple more but you’ll have plenty time to research exactly what you like

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would add clowns last as they can be territorial and nasty to new additions once they stake out their turf.

Among some interesting ideas for that tank (max of about 4-5 fish total):

Pajama Cardinalfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Firefish
Dartfish
Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish
Possum/Pink Streaked Wrasse
1-2 Ocellaris (ie Nemo) or Percula variety Clownfish
Smaller Gobies (ie Clown Gobies)
Small Blenny (ie Tailspot, Barnacle)

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?