29 Gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Katie13, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

I recently got my 20H for the Gold Rams, but I just checked Craigslist only to find a cheap 29 gallon with all equipment. I'm highly considering it. Of course, I'm always planning new tanks in advance, but if I get this one I'll be getting it within the month. I'm also in the process of persuading my husband into letting me go ahead and get the 110 I want. Any stocking suggestions for the possible 29? I'm considering moving my Gold Rams to it and going with 8 then stocking around that to use the 20H as a pairing tank for another type of Ram.

2. ark_fish

ark_fishValued MemberMember

do you mean your going to have 8 rams in your 29 gall and want help stocking around that or you are going to have an empty 29 gall you want advice stocking?

3. OP
    OP
    Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

I'd like stocking suggestions for both as I'm not sure if I'll move the Rams.

4. ark_fish

ark_fishValued MemberMember

If your going for a 29 gall with no rams, if you want a community tank I'd go for something like:

6 cherry barbs
    5 panda corries or 5 torpedo barb
    2 female betta
    8 blue tetra or 8 dwarf botia Loach

Or if you want a quieter, more subdued tank I would go for:

4-5 chocolate gouramis
    9 khuli loaches or 6-7 glass catfish
    10 hatchet fish

These fish should look good together and should all be ok in the way of stocking density but you will need to plant both tanks to some degree. If you include the 8 gold rams I'd only add something small that fills the upper level of your tank. dianos might be good or maybe 10 glow-light tetras but nothing big. To be honest I wouldn't suggest having 8 golden rams in a 29 gall. You would probably want a tank around 40-55 gallons which you can get at a fair price for second hand and they are easier to maintain.

Anyway, good luck!:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice