29 Gallon Stocking Help

1. RascalGirl86 Initiate Member

I want to get a 29 gallon beginner community tank. I want it to have live plants and sand so I was wanting to have Malaysian trumpet snails to move the substrate so I don't have to worry about the gasses and stuff. I want to have Cory cats such as julii, sterba or threestripe and eventually get Khuli loaches. I want a tightly schooling super small fish like the ember tetra. I also really at to have celestial pearl danios. And last but not last I want some type of larger centerpiece fish like gouramis, dwarf or not I like gouramis. I don't know how much fish I could have without overloading a 29 gallon and I also don't know if these fish would work well together but now that you know what I like you al, could help me figure this out. Thanks!!!

Here's a link to another thread I did a while ago that's similar to this:
    Question - 29 Gallon Stocking Suggestions

2. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Hi, how about these options

10 Ember tetras
    8-10 Rummynose tetras
    1 Dwarf gourami
    12 Kuhli loaches
    Keep the temperature about 75-77f

Or
    15 CPD
    1 or 2 honey gouramis
    10 Three lined cories or julii cories
    Keep the temperature about 72-74f

3. ChuthuluFish Member Member

I think a good stock

8embers
    7albino corys
    7cuilis
    8cdp
    I honey gourami.

might have overstocked

4. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

I'd be doing 8 cory because it's an even number.
    Not overstocked though.

5. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

In this tank size I would stick to 1 bottom dwelling school so cories or kuhlis.

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with BD.

7. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

What are the dimensions? Is it a standard 29 gallon?

8. RascalGirl86 Initiate Member

Yes I will be getting a standard 29 gallon from the petco $1 per gallon sale

9. RascalGirl86 Initiate Member

would Malaysian trumpet snails work with both of these tanks and do you know of any ways to keep the population of them down

10. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Malaysian trumpet snails would be fine in either tank. Kuhli loaches will eat some of the young snails.

11. tommywantfishy Well Known Member Member

I love my single angel, Black Neons, Albino Corys and my 5 nerites. Covers all of your bases with a nice centerpiece fish. Black Neons are ok with a 6 inch angel. They are larger than a normal neon tetra. They will school better with something like an Angel in the tank, also. You have diatoms covered with the Nerites, and basically any algae. You have leftovers covered with the cory cats. It is a fun tank with a lot of movement. Also, not terribly expensive to stock.