29 Gallon Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Livielupop, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Livielupop

Livielupop Valued Member Member

So soon I will be getting a 29 gallon and have been thinking about what to stock it with. So I will definitely be moving my 3 plates and 4 danios into the new tank but I have been wondering what to add to it. I've been thinking maybe some diamond tetras or just a kind of tetra. I'm not really sure what I should add really. Just something new:D
    I would truly like any suggestions thanks:)

2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Up the school of danios to at least 6 to start. Tetras would be good in there as long as they're ok in the slightly lower temps that danios like. How about a school of cories for the bottom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Some unique tetras are emperor, penguin, pristella, rummynose. Remember, they need to be in a group of 6+ of their own species.

Just check to see if temperature requirements are same as zebra danios.
    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

I just checked. All three groups of tetras would work with the zebra danios temperature-wise. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  4. fengshui

fengshui Valued Member Member

I would recommend a German Blue Ram pair, a school of cories and 3 schools (6) of different types of tetras with some plants.

5. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

That would make it overcrowded. I would only do one school of tetras, not three.

6. fengshui

fengshui Valued Member Member

I stand corrected, however if there are numerous vegetation, water changes and filtration then I'd highly recommend it! :) it's worth the extra effort

7. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Diamond tetras are truly beautiful when they are fully matured. Emperor tetras are the Einstein's of the tetra clan, they watch what is going on beyond the glass walls, very interesting fish.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Danios need cooler temps than rams do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice