29 Gallon Stocking With German Blue Rams?

FishMich

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI There!

Just trying to plan ahead for our new to us 29 gallon tank. This is the stocking I was thinking of going with, let me know your thoughts?

1 pair of German Blue Rams
12 x Cardinal Tetras
6 x Corydoras Sterbai

Is there enough room for everyone? I’m planning on using pool filter sand and live plants. I’m hoping everyone will be happy with 27 degrees celsius, I know the GBRs like their water warm. Will do a fishless cycle and add the GBRs last.

Five 97

Well Known
Reaction score
You could do more cardinals or add another middwelling school, along with some honeys or a single dwarf gourami, IMO.

Something like this?

15x Cardinal tetras
8-10x SterbaI corys
2x Honey gouramis
2x German blue rams

OR

8x Cardinal tetras
8x Rummynose tetras
8-10x SterbaI corys
1x DG
2x GBRs

OP
FishMich

FishMich

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you! Is there another species of middwellers that would be compatible? I’m not a huge fan of the look of Rummynoses. Sounds silly, but the red faces seem to remind me of blood. I’m a bit squeamish when it comes to that.

Thinking of avoiding DGs, as I’ve read they’re susceptible to a virus that is incurable? I did see an Opaline GouramI at a shop the other day, liked the look of it, but just did a quick search and it seems they can get aggressive? So not a good fit?

OP
FishMich

FishMich

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you, just took a look and I like the cherry barbs! We have a platy and a couple guppies. I think I’d like to stay away from livebearers. The ones we have are super pigs. They outcompete everyone for food and just stuff themselves silly. I find it hard to feed our cories because they actually go to the bottom after eating their floating food and eat up the cories’ food!

How does this sound?

10 x Cardinal Tetras
10 x Cherry Barbs
8 x Corydoras Sterbai
2 x GBRs

New Threads