29 Gallon Stocking Options

Giul

Well Known
To me, the black sand screams cories. A light Cory on dark sand would look great! However to do this I would pass on the rummy noses and get a couple more harlequin rasboras instead

OP
H

Hyperion007

Giul said:
To me, the black sand screams cories. A light Cory on dark sand would look great! However to do this I would pass on the rummy noses and get a couple more harlequin rasboras instead
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look into light colored cory.

Lynn78too

Well Known
I love how harlequins school and am all about a big school. I agree on passing on the rummy noses. I'm not a fan of plecos but again, cories swimming together is cute. There are a bunch of cute options out there. My false juliI swim together nicely.

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
I'd do panda cory cats! They're my favorite! Get a school of 6-8 and they're loads of fun to watch!

If you do otos make sure you get a bigger school of them, they need a pretty established tank so I'd add them last if you do.

notBrandon

To give more evidence as to why passing the RNT is a good idea is temperature- with a few select fish that fits in a 29 gallon, most fish prefer cooler waters, such as cories and harlequins (although some cories can tolerate warmer waters). Bolivian Rams are highly recommended, since they will contrast the dark sand. However, if you want a pair for the purpose of breeding them, you should know they will be aggressive during spawning to curious and oblivious fish such as plecos.

To tack on to the breeding thing, if you want them to breed, you should add a cave with a flat/ smooth surface on the bottom. It would help the Bolivians feel more safe.

New Threads