29 Gallon Stocking Ideas??

Spudsssy

Sounds perfect. I wouldn't do any more than two schools of mid/top level fish! Couple of shrimp would be nice too.

Upvote 0

grac3

post some pictures of it!

Upvote 0

FishGuy007

Sounds perfect. I wouldn't do any more than two schools of mid/top level fish! Couple of shrimp would be nice too.
Thanks for the reply! I will definitely be getting some shrimp tomorrow lol. But I also thought about replacing the neons with something. I mean I like neons I just feel like everyone has them so I wanted to be different. What are some fish you like or recommend?
post some pictures of it!
I definitely will when I get it all finished! Right now I have two big pieces of driftwood and I just ordered a lot of plants for it. So it’ll be done this week and I’ll post some pictures!

Upvote 0

Spudsssy

I have Danio margaritatus. There are so many options!!! I suppose the deciding factor is what is actually available to you. I would get smaller species if doing two schools. I like to do one large school in smaller tanks... If it was me I'd do 20 harlequin rasboras .

Upvote 0

FishGuy007

I have Danio margaritatus. There are so many options!!! I suppose the deciding factor is what is actually available to you. I would get smaller species if doing two schools. I like to do one large school in smaller tanks... If it was me I'd do 20 harlequin rasboras .
I’ll probably just stick with the neons unless I find something tomorrow that I like at my LFS. But I really like the Danio margaritatus! So that’s a good option too!!

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Substitute a Bolivian ram for the German blue ram and I think you'll have a nice tank. German blue rams need higher water temperatures than your other fish will do well in, and in general will thrive in a narrower range of water parameters than the Bolivian rams.

Upvote 0

The29G

I mean I like neons I just feel like everyone has them so I wanted to be different.
This is why I didn’t get neons for a long time, and then I got them and I felt silly for not wanting them. They really are a very beautiful fish. They never look as good in the store or in pictures/videos as they do in your fish tank. Also, I feel like I see other types of tetras way more often than neons. It’s like everyone avoids them to be different, so by getting them you are actually being different.
Here are my neons.

Attachments

• 3A9FCEC8-1244-4436-9957-9B03B53C630D.jpeg
    3A9FCEC8-1244-4436-9957-9B03B53C630D.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

ProudPapa

This is why I didn’t get neons for a long time, and then I got them and I felt silly for not wanting them. They really are a very beautiful fish. They never look as good in the store or in pictures/videos as they do in your fish tank. Also, I feel like I see other types of tetras way more often than neons. It’s like everyone avoids them to be different, so by getting them you are actually being different.
Here are my neons.

I agree they're beautiful fish. I don't avoid them to be different. I avoid them because I couldn't keep them alive.

Upvote 0

The29G

I agree they're beautiful fish. I don't avoid them to be different. I avoid them because I couldn't keep them alive.
I’m sorry you didn’t have any luck with them. I’ve never had a neon die.

Upvote 0

FishGuy007

I was torn between a Bolivian and a German blue both are beautiful fish. And wow your neons do look really bright in your tank! That’s another reason I didn’t want them because they’re not as bright at the store until you get them in your tank. But I will definitely be getting some neons and a Bolivian ram!!

Upvote 0

SotaAquatics

For other options very similar to neon tetras, I really like cardinal tetras as well as neon blue rasboras. Might give you something that's more unique if you still feel that way and similar in appearance/niche.

Upvote 0

FishGuy007

For other options very similar to neon tetras, I really like cardinal tetras as well as neon blue rasboras. Might give you something that's more unique if you still feel that way and similar in appearance/niche.
Thank you!! I will definitely look into those! I was looking at Cardinal tetras but my LFS never has them but always has neons

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
29 Gallon Tank I need stocking ideas!!!
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Eglassford
Replies
Views