29 Gallon Stand With Tank Overhang

It's Allgood

Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon tank sitting on a very sturdy dresser. The dresser top length is 31" but it is routered around the edges so the tank over hangs about .25" to .5" on each end.
Will this be acceptable? See photos.

P.s. I'm a fish enthusiast with a small budget! Trying to make what i have work!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello
Personally, I like to play it safe, so I would say no to the stand.
You may get conflicting answers, so lets wait and see

It's Allgood

Reaction score
Thanks!
I know i can take the top off and replace it with something alittle longer... but would love to hear some folks say they have had good luck with a similar situation!

I have also thought about buying a piece of plywood and placing it underneath the tank but I don't think my wife would Approve of the design.... If you know what I mean lol.

Galathiel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you like the table, I would buy a piece of wood, finish it and replace the light colored top with it.

It's Allgood

Reaction score
So i took the top off and replaced it with a piece of hardwood. I am going to finish the wood tomorrow. Here is an updated picture of the dresser.
20180523_231542.jpg

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks good. A Marineland or similar would have been fine, wouldn't trust a WalMart special though.

It's Allgood

Reaction score
It wasn't so much a walmart special... but a antique store special. Very heavy duty, the top just needed replaced because it wasn't long enough.
Thanks!

It's Allgood said:
It wasn't so much a walmart special... but a antique store special. Very heavy duty, the top just needed replaced because it wasn't long enough.
Thanks!
Oh are you referring to the tank?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m very glad you added the bigger board under the aquarium. If the dresser is old, it should do fine. Even some of the newer stuff would work. I love old stuff. Now get that thing started and post pics!

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks perfect on top of that dresser according to hubby! Well done! Get plants! Get pics! Get busy! Lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom