29 Gallon Planted Freshwater Build

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by blissfulbunny, Apr 20, 2017.

1. blissfulbunny

blissfulbunnyValued MemberMember

Things are moving along in my new 29 gallon freshwater aquarium! My plants came, and I spent all day planting. Planting underwater is EXHAUSTING.

I think it looks good, but it will look better when things grow out, of course. Right now it seems that all plants are one of two sizes: short and medium sized. Wait til the Amazons and Val get going!!

So, I ran out of crazy glue (for gluing rhizome plants to resin driftwood. Some of my rhizome plants are clinging to their tank mates, waiting to get attached.

NOTE: I had one other aquarium years ago. It was a sweet 10 with plastic plants. Real plants are so much fun. This hobby has really changed since then. Lots more fish, plants, information, resources. Thank you, internet. FREE THE INTERNET.

Water is still clearing from planting/water change.

Pic - 25.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Looks good! I think that will look really good when everything grows in

3. OP
    OP
    blissfulbunny

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

4. OP
    OP
    blissfulbunny

After excessive amounts of consideration, the fish I have selected for my 29 is Green Neon Tetras, Panda Corys and some shrimp. I will also consider some Otos and (the good kind of) snails. I'm getting very excited! Had to keep the excitement in check while being patient about the cycle. But I'm cycled now :cigar:.

5. Culprit

CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Awesome! I think you will love the panda corys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice