29 Gallon: Lake Tanganyika Stocking?

beau

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I’m considering doing a complete revamp on my 29 gallon and am interested in doing Tang cichlids. I don’t want only shell dwellers though. I found a stocking list on another thread here that looked pretty good, but I wouldn’t mind some more specific advice.

These are the fish available to me -
Neolamprologus Leleupi
Neolamprologus Brichardi
Neolamprologus marlieri
Julidochromis dickfeldi
Neolamprologus helianthus
Cyprichromis leptosoma
Neolamprologus buescheri
Xenotilapia Flavipinnis
Callochromis macrops
Neolamprologus cylindricus
Altolamprologus calvus
Shell dwellers: Multifasciatus, Similis, Ocellatus

I know we have the first three and all the Shellie’s in stock, not totally sure about some of the others. (all were tagged but doesn’t necessarily mean they are in the tank haha, and I wasn’t looking that closely)

Any advice is appreciated.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you want to have a group of fish, I think your best bet would be shellies. The tank is too small for much else (especially for some of the larger fish you have listed here).

Seth15

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer is correct. A 29 gallon would be most suitable for a group of Shellies opposed to the other species listed.

You could potentially do a breeding pair of one species such as julidchromis, cylindricus, or leleupi. But even a 29 is a bit small for this kind of setup. I personally think you would be better off with a nice group of shellies.

beau

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks for the feedback! I had seen a more general “community” stocking which is what got me interested, but if Shellies are the best option I think I’ll keep looking for something else.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom