29-gallon Community Tank

1. N

Naphets New Member Member

Opinions on how my 29-gallon tank has been stocked to this point. Have a 29-gallon tall, tank. Filtered with a Fluval 206 canister. Been up an running for approx. 8-weeks now with the fish currently stocked. Do a 20% water changed every week, which includes the vacuuming of 1/2 of the gravel every other week.

5-Black fin tetras
    5-Brass Tetras
    4-Red-Eye Tetras
    4-Zebra Danios (out of 8 originals)
    4-Corys
    1-Diamond Tetra (got with Red Eye's - all alone but had bonded with the Brass Tetras, lol)
    1-Dwarf Gourami
    2-Candy Cane Tetras (out of 4 originals)

Would still like to add a Bristle-Nose pleco, and maybe one Zebra ornamental snail.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Corys and tetras all need to be in groups 6+ and Danios need to be in groups 6+ also so you are overstocked. I would suggest to rehome some of the fish and properly give them a group.

3. A

AqauriumCK New Member Member

Sounds like it could be really cool, and its interesting that your Diamond Tetra is schooling with your Red-Eyes.

4. OP
    OP
    N

Naphets New Member Member

Bonded with the Brass tetras but they are all the same size!

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

to much going on unfortunately ,

a 29g should only house 2 groups of schooling fish of about 8-10 each. You currently have 6 of them and aren't in big enough groups.

I would choose your 2 favorite schooling fish , rehome the rest , keep the dwarf gourami and keep the corys, in a 29g you could do 8 of them.

I would suggest

1 Dwarf Gourami
    2 Bolivian Rams (male/female)
    8-10 Black Fin Tetras
    8-10 Red eye Tetra
    8-10 Panda corys or Peperred
    1 Bn pleco