29 gallon aquarium stand

Discussion in 'Misc. Reviews' started by orangeclumsy1, Dec 24, 2012.

1. orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

What is a good quality one?

2. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

A DIY one! :) trust me, a homemade stand of 2x4s is much better quality than most or even all store brand ones. As long as you make it with good structure it will support a very heavy tank (considering the length by width fits the tank)

I have my own built stand for my 29g and its much better IMO, I just wish I had made one with shelving but Im not much of a builder.

3. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

Do you have plans? I'm not a good builder either. X) Maybe my dad can help me... :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

I do think it's a skill young-uns (and not so young-uns like myself) are neglecting. I told my dad the top of my tank was annoying me. He's building me a home made lid and lighting unit for Christmas. How amazing I am jealous of him sometimes! To round it to the topic... my dad built one of my stands, well I wanted a table like stand so he modified one of my tables to support the weight... genius! (I on the other hand have been living with no wardrobe or drawers for 2.5 years.... as they are still in flat-pack boxes under my bed - my excuse is that I am waiting for a carpet, but that would mean figuring out how to dismantle my bed and then like putting it back together....)

5. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

Im on my phone and can't link to the video, but I'd you look up uarujoey's DIY stand/canopy video, that's what I went by. It's simple and effective.

Edit: and fairly cheap compared to store bought stands! I believe mine cost around $30-$40 total

6. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

I sweet talked my dad into a new homemade stand for my 36 g so I can start setting g it up. I'm pretty sure I'm taking it home tomw, but I can measure and take pics if u need more samples for ideas. I asked for this one to be really strait forward and simple, strong as possible with a shelf for the air pump (I love check valves!). The next one is going to hold 3 tanks in a horseshoe to replace a weak table. That one is going to be all him and woodworking kniw how :)

7. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice