29 gal tank stocking ideas

• Thread starter McMaddie
  • Start date

McMaddie

Hi everyone! So I just bought a 29 gal tank and am looking for some stock ideas! I want maybe a schooling fish with one or two statement fish. I am currently thinking about 5-6 diamond tetras with 1 angelfish and maybe a bottomfish. Anyone have thoughts on this? Open to new suggestions :)

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Sounds like a good plan to me, though I might bump up the numbers on the tetras. Add a school of one of the smaller cory species and you're set.

McMaddie

JettsPapa said:
Sounds like a good plan to me, though I might bump up the numbers on the tetras. Add a school of one of the smaller cory species and you're set.
Thank you! How many tetras would you suggest? Im trying not to overcrowd it lol

flyinGourami

Well Known
29 is a bit small for angels. I would get 8 ish diamond tetras, a group of 8-12 corydoras(depending on species, habrosus maybe?), and a trio of honey gouramis.
I'm no stocking expert though.

Kobiashi3

I have a 29 gallon myself and I LOVE my Emerald Green Corys. I have 6 and I am thinking of getting 2 more at some point. Neons are always dope to watch swimming together in a big group. Danios are active and fun to watch as well. I have them with Rombo Barbs and they chase each other a lot. It looks like they are playing tag. Apistogramas are another good choice. My centerpiece fish is a Bolivian Ram and he has a ton of personality.

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
McMaddie said:
Thank you! How many tetras would you suggest? Im trying not to overcrowd it lol
I'd do 8, or maybe 10.

Chessur

hey Maddie,

Apistogramma Cacatuoides look good as a statement fish. Attached photos.

Panda Corydoras are amazing to watch in the tank. Also Pygmy Corydoras. Tiny lil dwarf chaps that are very active too.20200516_145224.jpg20200509_124226.jpg

Stay clear of Blue neon tetras. Die very easily and poorly breed these days I am told.

Ember Tetras are cute and have a nice colouring.

Top Bottom