29 Gal stocking recommendations?

Adavachi

I bought a 29 gal TopFin started aquarium about 2 weeks ago for my birthday and I'm wondering if there is a cool centerpiece fish that would fit with the other fish I'm putting in the tank. I currently have:
1 feeder goldfish
6 pygmy corys
6 cherry barbs

The goldfish is still quite small and if it gets too big I'm planning on getting a larger tank and putting him in there.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

ProudPapa

I'm not sure. I've heard of people using a single male swordtail as a centerpiece. That might be a good option, especially if you could find a black one. It should contrast nicely with the cherry barbs.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with keeping 6 pygmy corys, but if it was my tank I'd add at least that many more (I have somewhere around 15 in a 20 long).

Upvote 0

Adavachi

I'm not sure. I've heard of people using a single male swordtail as a centerpiece. That might be a good option, especially if you could find a black one. It should contrast nicely with the cherry barbs.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with keeping 6 pygmy corys, but if it was my tank I'd add at least that many more (I have somewhere around 15 in a 20 long).
I got 6 just to start out but I was thinking about adding more to both of my schools once I'm more comfortable with fishkeeping as a whole and I can kind of read their behavior. Hm, I'll look into the swordtails!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
flyinGourami
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pfrozen
Replies
Views
Corygal8857