29 Gal. Rio Negro Biotope Stocking

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Keudn, May 24, 2018.

1. KeudnNew MemberMember

I am planning on doing a blackwater Rio Negro biotope tank with my 29 gallon. I currently plan on having 6 Corydoras Adolfoi. I additionally want a small schooling fish, perhaps a cardinal tetra school, and also a cichlid pair. I want them to be native to the Rio Negro, but I'm not familiar with the region.

What suggestions do you all have for the schooling fish and a small cichlid pair that stay small enough for a 29 gallon and won't bother the cories or the schooling fish?

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

I haven't researched the rio negro well, but i highly doubt your going to find those 3 species right next to each other. I don't know if your doing an actual biotope or just a blackwater, so that's just something to look into. Also, this is a website that i've used and i highly recommend for biotopes and blackwaters.  

3. OP
    OP
    K

KeudnNew MemberMember

I plan on loosely following   on the aquarium setup. Do you know of a source where I can find out more about what part of the Rio Negro each species is located in? Most sources I find are just "Northern Rio Negro and tributaries" or something

4. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

check out fish base, they have alot of specific info to help you with what you are doing. Also check out  .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice