29 Gal. Rio Negro Biotope Stocking

1. K

Keudn Initiate Member

I am planning on doing a blackwater Rio Negro biotope tank with my 29 gallon. I currently plan on having 6 Corydoras Adolfoi. I additionally want a small schooling fish, perhaps a cardinal tetra school, and also a cichlid pair. I want them to be native to the Rio Negro, but I'm not familiar with the region.

What suggestions do you all have for the schooling fish and a small cichlid pair that stay small enough for a 29 gallon and won't bother the cories or the schooling fish?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I haven't researched the rio negro well, but i highly doubt your going to find those 3 species right next to each other. I don't know if your doing an actual biotope or just a blackwater, so that's just something to look into. Also, this is a website that i've used and i highly recommend for biotopes and blackwaters. https://tanninaquatics.com/

3. OP
    OP
    K

Keudn Initiate Member

I plan on loosely following this guide on the aquarium setup. Do you know of a source where I can find out more about what part of the Rio Negro each species is located in? Most sources I find are just "Northern Rio Negro and tributaries" or something

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member