28 day Pregnant Guppy

1. newguppies Initiate Member

I have 2 pregnant guppies and they are pregnant for 28 days and they still havent given birth so is it normal? i was also wondering if there is a certain time in the day when they give birth like morning,night, or afternoon?

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forum!!! My guppies gave birth when I least expected them to. As much as I wanted to experience watching, no such luck. I have about 6 different batches and never caught one. I do have a lot of floating and regular plants for the fry to hide in when first born to keep them from being lunch. Good Luck

3. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

If the water conditions or tank mates are causing the gups stress, then they will hold. If they don't give birth in the next few days, I would be concerned about their stress. What's their behavior like? What size is the tank? What other fish are in the tank? What is the reading for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte? I'm sorry for the torrent of questions. Can you please finish filling out your aquarium info.; it will help us give more accurate advice? :)

Gups seem to pop just about any time, day or night.

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

https://www.fishlore.com/BreedingGuppies.htm
    Good morning. The gestation period is usually 28 days but it can vary for live bearers any where between 20 to 40 days. I don't know that I would worry too much just yet.
    Best of luck for some healthy fry!
    Ken

5. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! Hope to see some healthy fry soon. Best of luck and keep us updated! :;hf

6. cyberdude Initiate Member

My fry came out yesterday before I went to school.About 31 days.

7. newguppies Initiate Member

would the tank water being warmer encourage them to give birth? and maybe they were stressed out from the male chasing after them

my fish is giving birth right now!! im really excited!!!:;banaman

:animal0068:Hello. I've merged your posts to save some space since there was no response between posts. Congrats on the fry!
    Ken

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Newguppies. Keep us posted and I hope you can share some photos of your fish and fry. Congrats!
    Ken

9. newguppies Initiate Member

thanks only one of them gave birth though and the other female never seemed to be pregnant anyways she had 14 fry :p but it looks like she is going to have more her tummy looks like its gotten smaller but her gravid spot is still kinda dark i'll see if i could post pictures