26g bowfront is going to be empty soon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by monkeypie102, Dec 27, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Alright so other plans are being made for Kapa, my red ear slidder. So she ill be moving out of the 26g and after some heavy duty cleaning the tank will be free to start a new cycle with new fish! Now i just need to figure out what :/

I am open to just about anything though I really like schoolers and i would like to try a species only tank however neons are out, I never really liked them all that much.. if anyone can make suggestions and tell me how many they think would fit perfectly please let me know!

2. FoulFishes

FoulFishes Valued Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

The rummy nose look creepy as heck... as for the harliquins I will add them to the maybe list

4. FoulFishes

FoulFishes Valued Member Member

Haha, why do you think that Rummy Noses are creepy? :)

Well, the reason I suggested those too is cause i've seen them in species only tanks and they are very tight schoolers. They will organize their group then school all over the tank in that order, it can bring out quite a natural behavior when they're in such large groups!

5. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

what about some of the different blue eyed rainbow fish? ie thread fins or yellow fork tails?

Do you have ANY ideas as to where you want the tank to go?

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

26g bowfront freshwater vs. salt water

So i have been debating the last few days if i want to start a salt water tank of it I want anouther freshwater tank... right noe the tank is empty and i would like a challenge... I know nothing about saltwater but I bought the tank, filter, and light from craigslist from a man who was going to start a saltwater with it but then his life got in the way... everything was brand new to him, however I have used the tank since then for freshwater... what would i need to know for the saltwater... I would probably want to do a Fowler (one with live rock and inverts not sure if i want fish or not)

7. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

If it was me, I'd do fresh. Perhaps I'm baised, though if I get another ten gallon tank or 200+ I'll get salty! There just don't seem to be enough fish I'd like to keep otherwise.

8. R

Ryan123 Valued Member Member

get some red minor tetras Ann's when it cycles for at least two months get blue rams and some tiger barbs. red minor tetras school and the barbs like to school with them. blue rams just look good and they have amazing personalities

9. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I would be a bit concerened with the Rams and the Tiger barbs. The tigers are known for being barbarians in a tank and the Serpes (aka red minor) tetras are also on the very nippy side. If you want to do those in a tank I would suggest either a more robust centerpiece fish or just doing larger schools in the tank. Thou a 26 is a bit small for a full sized school of tiger barbs.

10. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice