26g Bow Front/Goldies

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. Here are some photos of my 26g "planted" bow front with Goldies. The chocolate one was sold to me as a fan tail. It looks more like a Chocolate Oranda to me. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks for looking!
    Ken
    (a few more coming too)

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

More of my 26g Goldies

Attached Files:

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I was hoping you'd post pics of your goldies soon! They look so happy and pretty! I love that tank. Unfortunately, I'm new to the world of goldies, so I can't help you with species, but those are some very lucky and happy fish. Happy Thanksgiving, Ken!

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks BB. I appreciate it and Happy Turkey Day to you too!
    My last experience with Gold Fish was not good. I lost many of them (which was all of them) to Septicemia. I didn't know then what I know now. All of these guys are doing great and are little pigs! I love 'em!
    Ken

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awesome shots!!!!!!!!! loving the goldies....that most deff looks like a choc oranda to me...not a fan tail....love the snail also! it looks like a goldie heaven!

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Shawnie. The chocolate one does have that (I forget the real name for it) "top knot" forming on his head. That's why I was thinking it is an Oranda as well. I've never bought Goldies that were so small until these guys. I named the chocolate one FiFi :giggle:and the Black Moore is Chanel:shock: (after the perfume).
    Ken

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;rl:no2:your a nut lol

8. lorabell Well Known Member Member

lol......love them ken!!!!!..and I WANT moss balls!!!!!!!

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

FiFi....too funny.
    Ken, I love this tank!

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the comments!
    Lorabell The large ones are the Japanese Marimo Balls and the small floating ones are the Moss Balls (usually java moss or Christmas Moss wrapped around a ball). The Moss Balls are attached to fishing line and an anchor so they can only float so far up. :) I'm really happy with both sets!
    Ken

(FiFi is my girl!) lol

11. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Great goldie tank! I love the snails, too! :;perfect What's your pwc schedule for that tank? I'd love to do something similar if I could.

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Ilovee! I appreciate it. I change 5g's every 6 days and I change my filter floss every 6 days as well. ( I don't depend on my floss for bio purposes, I have a lot of other media for bacteria). I do a very light vacuum every 2 weeks. I don't want to disturb my plants roots and take away all of their food either. I use a Vortex Diatom Filter on the tank once a month. These filters, filter to the micron, can filter out some parasites and even some ammonia to a small degree. It has an Aqua Clear 70 (300gph) filter.
    Ken

13. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Looks great ken! i have a feeling you're gonna start posting pics alot more LOL

the chocolate goldy in fact DOES look like an oranda. :)

btw, the top knot is called a Wen :)

14. gremlin Well Known Member Member

This website has fairly good pics to figure out which of the fancy goldies you have.
    http://www.desktopgoldfish.com/goldfish-types.php
    Your goldies are tiny! but they will grow. You may have to wait for them to grow up a bit before you can be sure exactly what you have.

I love the look of the moss balls, but I'm afraid they would not last very long in my pond. Oh well.

Looking forward to more pics!

15. Shadowbeam Member Member

Love that tank! Your Goldies look like they have so much personality :D I'm sure they'll make you really happy ;)

16. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thank you folks! Tony thanks for the "wen" I couldn't think of it to save my life :)

Thank you Gremlin. I've book marked the link! :) I really feel like FiFi (the chocolate Goldie) is an Oranda. I'm excited to see how she (assuming the sex) grows up :)

Hello Shadow...I think the Goldies have so much personality. I love them!
    Ken